Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Identity Plate as Title  (Read 1238 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Identity Plate as Title
« on: August 02, 2013, 10:13:34 am »

I use the Identity Plate to add a title to a print.  I prefer this over the Metadata method so that I have more control over the size and font.  I'm trying to keep the font the same size across multiple prints but if the text on one is longer than the previous, the text adjusts in size to the text box and shrinks. Of course, if I adjust the box size to get the text to a similar size, the next time I change the title to something shorter, it fills the box again and is too large.

Is there any way to keep the font size consistent?
Mike Guilbault

jferrari

Re: Identity Plate as Title
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:40:15 pm »

This is the kind of thing I would "Edit In" Photoshop. You are likely going there to do your mirror wrap anyway. Photoshop would give you all the control you are looking for.
Nothing changes until something changes.

Mike Guilbault

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 01:43:11 pm »

This isn't for a wrap so I won't be going to PS.  It's a straight print job for a client (about 100 13x19s) with titles. 
Mike Guilbault

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 06:50:05 pm »

Identity plates have always been rather rudimentary in their structure.  Have you considered using a watermark instead?  More options, and the text size is consistent, but you have to 'update' the watermark every time you change it.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Mike Guilbault

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 09:58:21 pm »

The watermark prints only within the image and printing the title using the Photo Info section only prints in one font - something like Arial - so not very exciting at all.  It will also shrink your image area to accommodate the title.  The identity plate is the only way to use a variety of fonts, but also to place it anywhere on the sheet of paper you want.  We just need a better way to control the font size.
Mike Guilbault
Pages: [1]   Go Up