Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marking / rating within a collection only ?  (Read 1267 times)

SunnyUK

Marking / rating within a collection only ?
« on: August 02, 2013, 07:27:21 am »

Having recently moved, it's time to get some new pictures up on the walls. She's receptive to the idea of using my photographs. So I have gone through my Lightroom catalogue and picked what I think are good candidates for some wall art, and put all of the candidates in a new collection ("Print Candidates"). I would like her to go through the candidates and rate those she likes, and I'd like to do the same with her son. That way we can pick stuff we all like.

I would like to use the Lighroom star and/or colour ratings for this, but the problem is that all the pictures already have stars and colours. I guess I would like to be able to apply a rating that only "sticks" in the Print Candidates collection, but which doesn't overwrite the ratings the picture already have.

Can anyone think of a way to do this, or to achieve the same "multiple ratings per picture" idea?

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
Re: Marking / rating within a collection only ?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 08:23:12 am »

You could do something with keywords: He likes, She likes and I like.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 08:58:05 am »

In Lightroom 3 it was possible with flags, but too many people found it confusing.

Asuming you're using 4 or 5, get her to drag them into a separate collection.

AFairley

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 05:19:25 pm »

You could create virtual copies of all of the files you like and drag them into a collection, then strip your existing flagging.  Not exactly what you're looking for, I know.

SunnyUK

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 05:36:43 am »

Thanks for the replies and for the help.. Although it's a bit cumbersome, I think I'll do the virtual copies thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up