Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: arca swiss m-line two for dslr  (Read 2247 times)

david distefano

arca swiss m-line two for dslr
« on: August 01, 2013, 07:17:29 pm »

I have had my d800 for about a year now and it is my first dslr/slr I have used. For 30 plus years I have used view camera's up to 8x20. The type of images I shot with the view camera was so easy to have in focus from near to far with the view camera adjustments. I can't say the same thing for the d800. I miss the adjustments. Yes I could purchase t-s lenses but nikon only has 3 lenses and I would need nikon to redo the settings so i can have rise and tilt on the same axis. Schneider t-s lenses meet the last requirement but are very expensive and they only have 3 lenses. I have an Arca Swiss 6x9 and 4x5 with many lenses and had 2 questions. 1) has anyone used the arca swiss m line two with their dslr? 2) can the rear standard of the m line two be purchased separate, and before some says have you tried precision camera works. Yes I have e-mailed and called and have not received a response.

NancyP

Re: arca swiss m-line two for dslr
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 02:42:41 pm »

try the American representative for A-S, Rod Klukas
rod.klukas@arca-swiss.com

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Re: arca swiss m-line two for dslr
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 03:27:40 pm »

I have an Arca Swiss 6x9 and 4x5 with many lenses and had 2 questions. 1) has anyone used the arca swiss m line two with their dslr? 2) can the rear standard of the m line two be purchased separate[ly]...

I have used Nikon bodies on a 4x5 Arca-Swiss monorail camera, although it was about 20 years ago. The camera that I used had symmetric front and rear standards, so that you could attach a lens board to the rear standard. I don't remember if that was a standard configuration, or if I put two front standards on the same monorail.  I found an old T-mount adapter in the bottom of a drawer, drilled and tapped three holes on the lens side of the adapter, drilled three holes in the lensboard, attached the adapter to the lensboard with three screws, attached the camera to the back of the T-mount adapter, and attached the whole assembly to the back of the rear standard.

It worked fine, except there were combinations of swings and tilts where the shadow of the T-mount adapter fell on the film, and many lenses that could cover 4x5 had marginal resolution when used on a 24x36mm piece of film.

Oh yeah, I forgot. It was easy to attach the camera, but to detach it you had to loosen the three screws and take the T-mount adapter off the lensboard.

Jim
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 03:37:42 pm by Jim Kasson »
Pages: [1]   Go Up