Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 5.2 RC  (Read 11218 times)

MBehrens

LR 5.2 RC
« on: July 31, 2013, 11:15:51 pm »

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom5-2/

The following new Features have been added in Lightroom 5.2 RC:

A Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel under Color Noise Reduction.  This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts
    Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
        New Feather control
        Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
        Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
    Smart Preview size has been updated to 2560 pixels on the long edge.
    Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
        Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
        Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment

New Camera Support
The following new cameras are now supported:

Canon EOS 70D *
    Casio Exilim EX-ZR800
    Fujifilm FinePix HS22EXR
    Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR
    Fujifilm FinePix S205EXR
    Fujifilm FinePix F805EXR
    Fujifilm X-M1
    Phase One IQ260 *
    Sony DSC-RX1R
    Sony DSC-RX100 II*

* Denotes preliminary support

New Lens Profile Support
Lens Name    Lens Mount
Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS    Sony
Hasselblad LF16mm F2.8    Hasselblad
Hasselblad LF18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    Hasselblad
Hasselblad LF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS    Hasselblad
GoPro Hero3 Black    GoPro
GoPro Hero3 Silver    GoPro
GoPro Hero3 White    GoPro

Fixed Issues
The following issues have been fixed in Lightroom 5.2 release candidate:

Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
    Pressing the "Reset" button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
    Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
    Incorrect photo was selected when trying to select a photo in segmented grid in Publish Services.
    The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
    Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
    Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo.  Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate be installed alongside Lightroom 5?

By default, the Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate for both Windows and Mac will remove or overwrite your existing Lightroom 5 installation. If you wish to return to Lightroom 5 after installing Lightroom 5.2, simply reinstall Lightroom 5 from your original download after uninstalling Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate.

Both versions of the application share the same catalog format allowing your catalogs to be opened by either version without complications
When will the Lightroom 5.2 release candidate expire?
    The Lightroom 5.2 release candidate will expire on September 30, 2013.
Will there be an upgrade charge for the final Lightroom 5.2 release?
    No, Lightroom 5.2 will be a free update for all current Lightroom 5 customers.
Will additional camera or lens support be available in the final release?
    It is possible that additional cameras or lenses will be supported in the final release.

Glenn NK

Re: LR 5.2 RC
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 01:32:57 am »

Thanks for the post - when I clicked on "check for updates" a few moments ago, it replied, "Your software is up to date.  No updates are available at this time".   Meanwhile the 5.2 was being dl'd.

Is this a bug?

Glenn
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources

eliedinur

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 02:30:39 am »

No, the current release is an RC and thus not considered an official update, just something pushed out of the side door. When the final version is ready your update checker will indicate it.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

mvsoske

• Mark V'Soske Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 07:25:26 am »

CS6 ACR 8.2 RC is also posted here: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cameraraw8-2/

Rand47

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 10:33:00 am »

Love the "right click" to duplicate brush masks, radial gradients, etc.  Nice.

Feathering on the healing brush was much needed and seems to work well with a little practice.

Michael, Jeff . . . you guys going to do a video segment on the changes / additions?

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Simon Garrett

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 12:13:53 pm »

Love the "right click" to duplicate brush masks, radial gradients, etc.  Nice.
Agreed with radial gradients.  But when I duplicate an adjustment brush, all I get is another one on top that I can't move.  It simply doubles the effect.  Is that it?  Why would I want to do that?  Or what am I doing wrong!

Feathering on the healing brush was much needed and seems to work well with a little practice.
Agreed - it's going to be very useful. 

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 12:31:37 pm »

But when I duplicate an adjustment brush, all I get is another one on top that I can't move.  It simply doubles the effect.  Is that it?  
It may be an unfinished feature, Simon. Notice the subtle difference between the "Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush" in the LR5.2RC announcement and the similar bullet points in the one for ACR8.2 RC.

michael

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 12:35:16 pm »

It's almost impossible to keep up with the RC releases. No sooner would we shoot and edit an update than another would be coming down the pike.

Our updates are mainly for major Adobe updates.

Michael

Rand47

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 12:50:54 pm »

But when I duplicate an adjustment brush, all I get is another one on top that I can't move.  It simply doubles the effect.  Is that it?  Why would I want to do that?  Or what am I doing wrong!

Well, I'm not sure why you'd want to move what is essentially a mask - perhaps if you had identical shapes in an image that needed the same correction (windows in a building e.g.)?  But, what is frustrating me is that I can't figure out how to cycle between the duplicate(s) and the original.  I could see a use for duplicating, then nulling the duplicate and doing a different adjustment in that iteration of the mask (I think).  Say for example I did a local exposure adjustment with the brush, and then I duplicated that, nulled it, and did a color wash in the same masked area.  Be nice to cycle between them. (I think.)  LOL  But so far I'm not "getting it" on the value of merely duplicating the adjustment brush and magnifying whatever was done x2.

Eric - any tips on cycling them?  I didn't read anything in the release notes.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Rand47

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 12:53:24 pm »

It's almost impossible to keep up with the RC releases. No sooner would we shoot and edit an update than another would be coming down the pike.

Our updates are mainly for major Adobe updates.

Michael

I can appreciate that. 

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Glenn NK

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 07:51:54 pm »

But when I duplicate an adjustment brush, all I get is another one on top that I can't move.  It simply doubles the effect.  Is that it?  Why would I want to do that?  Or what am I doing wrong!

Doubling the effect can be useful if the effect isn't strong enough (making the BG for a flower black), but it would be much more useful if one could access the first one and edit it without starting over.

I understand why the second one can't be moved - a duplicate could create a real mess if it was moved.  But not being able to access both brushes for changes, somewhat negates what would have been a very powerful tool.

Also wanted to see the full set of adjustments for HSL etc available in the brush.  Maybe next time.

Glenn
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 10:56:34 pm »

When the HE### is Adobe going to add support for the DPMerrills 1-3.

Sigma staes they have given all they asked for, and Lr does support the older Sigma cameras.

What are they waiting for???

mdiimaging.com

Tony Jay

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 04:23:12 am »

When the HE### is Adobe going to add support for the DPMerrills 1-3.

Sigma sta[t]es they have given all they asked for, and Lr does support the older Sigma cameras.

What are they waiting for???
These cameras use completely different sensors (Foveon sensors) to all other sensors on the market.
RAW conversion therefore becomes a completely different kettle of fish to all other sensors and cameras on the market.
Hopefully Adobe will eventually put something together but I would not be holding my breath.
Here is a link to a product review from LuLa that explains some of the uniques aspects of the sensor that also hint at the non-trivial task that Adobe faces in producing a RAW conversion algorithm for the Foveon RAW files:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/sigma_dp2m_review.shtml

Tony Jay

picturesfromthelow

• Luca Setti - Fine Art Photographer
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 05:10:04 am »

You are right Tony, but Camera RAW already supports older Foveon sensors, so if they already made it in the past I can't explain why the Merrills are still unsupported after being on the market for almost a year. I do almost all my work in Lr and I hate having to add SPP into the workflow....

Cheers,
Luca

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 12:58:46 pm »

Thanks for the support!!  The support for prior Foveon files and the availability of software from other companies that will process these files makes clear that Adobe is simply not applying the time and resources to get this job done--WHY NOT??

I wish someone at Adobe would supply a real answer to this question

Sigma would certainly like them to do so to help spur sales of their cameras, and the growing community of Sigma users would like to know.

MDIJB

mdiimaging.com

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 05:41:44 pm »

Apparently they have yet to fix that Publish bug: http://regex.info/blog/2013-08-02/2294
If your mind is attuned t

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 10:07:35 pm »

Thanks for the support!!  The support for prior Foveon files and the availability of software from other companies that will process these files makes clear that Adobe is simply not applying the time and resources to get this job done--WHY NOT??

I wish someone at Adobe would supply a real answer to this question

Sigma would certainly like them to do so to help spur sales of their cameras, and the growing community of Sigma users would like to know.

MDIJB

It's not a zero-sum game.  Probably there are more pressing issues, and a very small community with the Merrill cameras, would be my bet.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 09:06:10 pm »

Agreed with radial gradients.  But when I duplicate an adjustment brush, all I get is another one on top that I can't move.  It simply doubles the effect.  Is that it?  Why would I want to do that?  Or what am I doing wrong!
Agreed - it's going to be very useful. 

Yes, unfortunately at present there's no way to reposition a local brush adjustment in Lr.  Perhaps in the future.

You can reposition gradient and radial filter adjustments in both ACR/Lr.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up