Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is This?  (Read 1196 times)

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
What is This?
« on: July 29, 2013, 09:53:35 pm »

I have seen this error twice on files shot with two different cameras. Is it a failing card, a random computer hiccup or something more serious? This one turned up on this single frame out of about 400 shot last week. I formatted the card after importing it into my desktop and before finding the band file or I would have put it on my laptop to see if it showed up on both machines.

thierrylegros396

Re: What is This?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:21:32 am »

I hope for you that it's not a sensor problem !

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 07:26:19 am »

Ditto to a failing card. I had an older D40 do the same thing right before it fritz. May want to send it in for a look.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

rgs

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 03:52:12 pm »

Problem found - sort of. It's not the camera, thankfully. It seems to be a lightroom import error. I found another one that I knew had been OK at first. I checked my back up file (made automatically in lightroom when the original import was done) in bridge and neither file is bad. I had checked the one posted here in bridge before posting and it showed the same error but the back up file does not have the error. Looks like it may be wise to go to a 2 step import with the back up made separately in DPP to be sure there is an uncorrupted one.

Now the question is, is it lightroom or my computer.

Richowens

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 04:22:04 pm »

Card reader, reader cable, hard drive, memory module. Most likely memory module.

Rich

rgs

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 04:49:35 pm »

Very likely. I've been a little concerned about the RAM in that machine. I think I'm going to take it all out and replace it. Nice to know it's not the camera.

Rand47

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 05:52:53 pm »

Glad you sorted it out... I kinda thought it might be a Tibetan prayer flag in front of a waterfall.   ;D
I can joke, now that you know it's not your camera gear.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up