Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop & Creative Cloud: We’re Listening?  (Read 56505 times)

judymcintosh

Re: Photoshop & Creative Cloud: We’re Listening?
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2013, 11:41:04 am »

Once you take advantage of the offer, then that is your base price as long as you maintain your subscription. It is possible that prices may rise in the future, but, this is not like the other offers where the price rises to the regular price after a year.

Hope that helps...

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com
Hi Mike
thanks for your helpful comments since the announcement of this limited offer (but ongoing pricing). A question that you havent answered is pricing outside the US. Those of us who live outside have the adobe site send us to subsidary regional websites to "optimise" the experience (excuse my non-US spelling)and there is no mention of this deal there (just the usual much higher rates even allowing for exchange rates). The "cloud" is all about increasing connectivity improving the customer experience etc isnt it, not perpetuating regional pricing strategies? Can you give us a breakdown on that please as I now cant even get back to the US product support page now adobe's site recognises my "location" on this computer.
BTW perpetual LR5 and a 12 month look at what enhancement PS CC will have over CS5/LR4 I already have is a reasonable deal for a US$120 commitment by installment, and then it comes down to proof of value to continue at $9.95 per month or part as happy for the experience (provided the PS perpetual is not in some way disabled/nullified etc)

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2013, 12:38:38 pm »

Hi Mike and thanks for that quick reply.

You know and we know, that the real issue is the "locked in" aspect of the Adobe CC product range that is upsetting and frightening most people away from jumping onto the CC bandwagon ...

+1.

This "locked in" aspect is the only reason I don't already have a subscription. It makes features, innovation, and nearly everything else, irrelevant. The fact that Adobe has no defined and palatable exit strategy from a subscription is ample motivation to look for one now, while CS6 is still viable. If such an exit strategy existed I'd hope to never use it, but like insurance it would be available if needed. No one knows what will happen to Adobe's pricing, and no one knows what events in life might affect their ability to pay. What everyone knows is that they don't want to lose use of their works in progress, more or less immediately, if such events occur. There should at least be a buffer, as we now have with CS6, to allow time to transition files to some other workflow. Allowing the most recent version to continue operating without any updates after 3 or 4 years of subscribing is an example of a palatable exit strategy. I'm sure there are others. 
- Dean

MikeChambers

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2013, 01:53:44 pm »

Hi Mike…yes and no…once again the language adobe uses is not clear. Base price, as you've explained it, means nothing about future price increases. As Rhossydd points out, 'it would be naive in the extreme to think anything will remain a constant price'. The adobe saga continues. now it's 10 dollars a month to start without the 'guarantee' that it will be 20 after the first year. Still, year two could be 20 or 25 dollars a month. It could be more.

We have no plans to change the prices. However, I can imagine at some point in the future, prices may change (either up or down). For example, in 30 years, I would imagine the price might be different (this is the same for just about anything else).

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

MikeChambers

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2013, 01:57:05 pm »

Hi Mike
thanks for your helpful comments since the announcement of this limited offer (but ongoing pricing). A question that you havent answered is pricing outside the US. Those of us who live outside have the adobe site send us to subsidary regional websites to "optimise" the experience (excuse my non-US spelling)and there is no mention of this deal there (just the usual much higher rates even allowing for exchange rates). The "cloud" is all about increasing connectivity improving the customer experience etc isnt it, not perpetuating regional pricing strategies? Can you give us a breakdown on that please as I now cant even get back to the US product support page now adobe's site recognises my "location" on this computer.

Just a quick fyi, but we are updating the FAQ for the offer today, and it should include international prices. Ill try and remember to post here once it has been updated.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2013, 02:12:35 pm »

mike chambers' clarification is helpful.

I don't know what "base price" means (as distinct from monthly rent) but we are still seem to be being invited to sign up for a pig in a poke: Adobe can choose to increase its prices at any time while we have limited exit strategies.

If the offer was $9.99 in perpetuity that would be a different proposition entirely.

The blog says "To be clear, $9.99 is not an introductory price. It is the price for those of you who sign up by December 31, 2013."  It turns out that this is actually completely unclear.  To be clear, it should add "... until such time as we choose to increase the price." (in which case the $9.99 is, of course, introductory or initial).

Similarly, when the FAQ says that "This means you get all the benefits of a Creative Cloud single-app membership for Photoshop CC, but with Lightroom 5 included as well, for about half the monthly price." it should add "until such time as we choose to change prices."

This sort of equivocation is unhelpful.

'equivocation'...thanks jrp, that's a good word, that's what i've been hearing/reading from adobe for a while now...it feels intentional, 'keep 'em confused, some may sign up without realizing what they're getting into'...

Manoli

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2013, 02:45:31 pm »

We have no plans to change the prices. However, I can imagine at some point in the future, prices may change (either up or down). For example, in 30 years, I would imagine the price might be different (this is the same for just about anything else).

Funny you should mention that, Mike.

In the UK, there was, for want of a better phrase, a 'membership custom' where on joining a club your annual membership fee was fixed in perpetuity. So a club I joined 30 years ago, today still debits my credit card with the original £5.00. Today new members, pay a somewhat higher fee, something in excess of £600.00 . This had the double advantage of not only keeping the earlier members on board, even if they don't still use the facilities today, AND creating a stress-free love-in between management and their client base.

In the words of Jeff Schewe,
Just sayin' ...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:49:13 pm by Manoli »

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2013, 03:23:43 pm »

There's something that nobody else seems to be mentioning and it's that for the first time UK + US prices seem to be equivalent [+local tax] when it comes to the PS + LR deal . Now I'm sure an awful lot of people would like that to be the case for all of Adobe's offerings, so is the full CC going to match US prices too for those in countries outside of the US Mike?
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jrp

« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2013, 03:25:17 pm »

I can understand that, mike, but I do not think that it is quite the same for just about anything else.  My mobile phone subscription is for a fixed period with fixed terms (although some phone companies have tried to increase prices mid-contract on the specious grounds that they were improving things for the subscriber).  At the end of the term I can take up a new contract with the same company at whatever terms are then on offer, or I can choose to contract with another company offering better terms.  In this case there are no other companies to contract with if I want to retain full access to my files, so there is no competitive pressure to constrain Adobe's terms.

I don't doubt that Adobe has no present plans to increase prices, but things are changing all the time.  Adobe could get taken over and the new owners / directors could take a different view.  

This is not fanciful.  If Adobe anticipates losing around half of its users by 2015 the lost of revenue must come from somewhere.  

MikeChambers

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »

Just a quick fyi, but we are updating the FAQ for the offer today, and it should include international prices. Ill try and remember to post here once it has been updated.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

The post has been updated with non-US pricing:

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativelayer/introducing-the-photoshop-photography-program/

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

judymcintosh

« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2013, 12:17:32 am »

The post has been updated with non-US pricing:

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativelayer/introducing-the-photoshop-photography-program/

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com
Good on you Mike: we have some flat earth pricing (pretty much) which is welcome. Thanks from NZ

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2013, 01:34:58 am »

Mike, are the international prices for CC also going to be in line with US prices?
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

designpartners

• Design Partners
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2013, 01:54:10 am »

Good on you Mike: we have some flat earth pricing (pretty much) which is welcome. Thanks from NZ

It certainly is not flat pricing... Euro price is 31% higher then us, that over $3 extra per month!! We're based in Ireland, if we were in the UK, it would be 15% more than US, or 16% less than the rest of the EU...

Usual euro/dollar parity BS for us...

James

Eric Kellerman

• Eric Kellerman Photography
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2013, 01:59:16 am »

EU customers are being gently screwed again. 9.99 is a cute amount, but in euros (and exclusive of 21% tax), it's somewhat less cute. >:(

Here are the equivalents of €9.99 in other currencies at today's exchange rates:

AUD: 14:36 (PS price in local currency $9.99)
NZD: 16:55 (ditto)
USD: 13.11 (ditto)
GBP:  8.40 (PS price £7.14)
Jp¥:  1308.87 (PS price ¥1,000)

I'd love to see Adobe's justification for these price discrepancies.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:35:48 am by Eric Kellerman »

designpartners

• Design Partners
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2013, 04:33:46 am »

EU customers are being gently screwed again. 9.99 is a cute amount, but in euros (and exclusive of 21% tax), it's somewhat less cute. >:(

Here are the equivalents of €9.99 in other currencies at today's exchange rates:

AUD: 14:36 (PS price in local currency $9.99)
NZD: 16:55 (ditto)
USD: 13.11 (ditto)
GBP:  8.40 (PS price £7.14)
Jp¥:  1308.87 (PS price ¥1,000)

I'd love to see Adobe's justification for these price discrepancies.

To be fair to Adobe, it's not just them that screws us, it's all software companies.. We spend a hell of a lot of money on software, we get screwed all the time.

I'm sure there justification for a price difference, no idea what it is or if it should be up or down, but it's absolutely not is exact parity on the euro/dollar exchange rate.

James
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:54:12 am by designpartners »

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2013, 04:49:20 am »

Hi Mike,
This may have been answered but I could not find it.

The $9.99 offer lists Photoshop CC and specifically LR5.  What happens when LR5 is replaced by LR6?  Do I have to pay the regular upgrade fee because this is a perpetual license?  If this is so, as I already own LR5, if I go for this offer can I sell my current license?

Thanks

jrp

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2013, 08:22:56 am »

To be fair to Adobe, it's not just them that screws us, it's all software companies.. We spend a hell of a lot of money on software, we get screwed all the time.

I'm sure there justification for a price difference, no idea what it is or if it should be up or down, but it's absolutely not is exact parity on the euro/dollar exchange rate.

It seems that they're not great corporation tax payers either http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2007/10/30/adobe-paying-tax-at-in-ireland/ at least in the EU and it would not surprise me if that was the case in the US too.

MikeChambers

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2013, 12:04:09 pm »

Hi Mike,
This may have been answered but I could not find it.

The $9.99 offer lists Photoshop CC and specifically LR5.  What happens when LR5 is replaced by LR6?  Do I have to pay the regular upgrade fee because this is a perpetual license?  If this is so, as I already own LR5, if I go for this offer can I sell my current license?

Thanks

Yeah, this is confusing. When the new version of Lightroom comes out, lets call it Lightroom 6, as long as you are still a member of Creative Cloud, you will get Lightroom 6 (and 7, and 8, etc...). Same for Photoshop.

This is basically a Creative Cloud membership that includes Photoshop and Lightroom.

Hope that helps...

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

mpost

• http://www.photographybymarshall.com
Adobe announces the Photoshop Photography Program for $9.99 per month
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2013, 12:07:15 pm »

Adobe announced that they will be launching a Photoshop/Lightroom combo for $9.99 US per month offering.  This looks ideal for those of us who haven't upgraded to version 5 yet

From the Adobe blog

Since introducing Photoshop CC, we’ve listened to feedback from a spectrum of our customers, from advanced professionals to casual enthusiasts. One common request was a solution specifically tailored for photographers. We listened, and at Photoshop World we’re announcing a special offer for our loyal Photoshop customers. Beginning today, customers who own Photoshop CS3 or higher are eligible for a special Creative Cloud membership offer that includes all of the following for just $9.99/month:

Photoshop CC
Lightroom 5
20 GB of online storage
Behance ProSite
Access to Creative Cloud Learn’s training resources
Ongoing upgrades and updates

To be clear, $9.99 is not an introductory price. It is the price for those of you who sign up by December 31, 2013. And here is a list of prices for the major regions outside of the US – keep in mind that these prices are exclusive of VAT/local taxes which vary by country.

North America                                           $9.99 USD

European Union                                         €9.99 EUR

EMEA non-EU                                            $9.99 USD

Australia/New Zealand                               $9.99 AUD

Asia Pacific                                               $9.99 USD

Latin America                                            $9.99 USD

Japan                                                        ¥1,000 JPY

UK                                                            £7.14 GBP

This offer will be available at the same time we introduce the new version of Lightroom 5.2 in a couple weeks.  Visit the FAQ to learn more and follow Photoshop on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to find out when the offer goes live.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:14:22 pm by mpost »

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2013, 12:15:54 pm »

Yeah, this is confusing. When the new version of Lightroom comes out, lets call it Lightroom 6, as long as you are still a member of Creative Cloud, you will get Lightroom 6 (and 7, and 8, etc...). Same for Photoshop.

This is basically a Creative Cloud membership that includes Photoshop and Lightroom.

Hope that helps...

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com
That's what I was hoping so thanks for the confirmation.  Perhaps if they replaced LR5 with LR CC in the slide it would be a little more clear.

Regards

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2013, 12:40:06 pm »

Mike,

Thanks for posting information about Photoshop CC/LR. Your info has been helpful.

I have a question?

Just the end of last moth I renewed my subscription $49.99 after having the $29.99 deal for the past year.
If I would have known about this Photoshop/LR deal that was announced the other I would have gone for that since I really only need Photoshop/LR.
Will I be able to downgrade to this new deal? I do own a copy of Photoshop CS5 if that means anything.

Thanks in advance.

Stu
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up