Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's Official – Microsoft, Apple and Adobe Products Cost More in Australia  (Read 984 times)

Simon J.A. Simpson

It's Official – Microsoft, Apple and Adobe Products Cost More in Australia (and elsewhere in the world)

Here:
The Inquirer
http://tinyurl.com/lqjjf22

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm

My iMac and iPad cost me twice what it costs in the US (I'm in India).

Software doesn't take such a big hit as hardware does, though. My MS Office box cost just about what it costs in the US. Sometimes it's tough to find a comparison. E.g., my CC for teams plan was a 'special offer'...but I couldn't figure out compared to what.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

PhotoEcosse

No different to Britain where we have become accustomed to paying over the odds for goods from US companies. Often we pay as much as the $$ price converted straight into ££s. (e.g. $100 translated as £100 instead of £63)

The reason we are often given is that UK consumer protection law is so much more biased in favour of the customer than in US that US companies have to build-in an extra price premium to cover returns and refunds.

We also suffer from the evil of "geo-blocking" where we can't even buy Adobe downloads at US prices. In fact we have to buy them from Adobe's Irish base and get charged the Irish VAT rate (which is higher than UK), so we are penalised twice.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:34:46 pm by PhotoEcosse »
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."
Pages: [1]   Go Up