Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 1400 will only print 8" wide  (Read 2914 times)

kenoli

Epson 1400 will only print 8" wide
« on: July 27, 2013, 06:35:11 pm »

My Epson 1400 is a 13" wide printer.

Lately, I have been using it for letter sized stock. 

I just had occasion to print some 12x12 images on 13x13 paper.

The printer only prints the center 8 inches.

I am printing from Photoshop CS6 and have been through all the settings in photoshop and in the Epson driver. 

It shows up correctly in the preview box in Photoshop.

I have reset the printer, gone back to scratch on all my settings, still only the center 8 inches.

Can anyone help me.  I am going crazy.

Thanks,

--Kenoli

GrantP

Re: Epson 1400 will only print 8" wide
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:31:27 pm »

Just registered on this forum after I found this post.

I have an EPSON Stylus Pro 9600. As of a few days ago, when I print from photoshop CS6 I only get an 8" strip from a seemingly random spot in my image. I have tried deleting/adding printer, re-installing drivers, re-initializing the printer and of course re-booting everything many times. So far this has happened on prints from 11x13 to 36x48 inches, but only when printing from photoshop. Any ideas would be appreciated.

OS X 10.7.5
Photoshop CS6 13.0 x64

kenoli

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:52:14 pm »

Just registered on this forum after I found this post.

I have an EPSON Stylus Pro 9600. As of a few days ago, when I print from photoshop CS6 I only get an 8" strip from a seemingly random spot in my image. I have tried deleting/adding printer, re-installing drivers, re-initializing the printer and of course re-booting everything many times. So far this has happened on prints from 11x13 to 36x48 inches, but only when printing from photoshop. Any ideas would be appreciated.

OS X 10.7.5
Photoshop CS6 13.0 x64

I have been on the phone with Epson.  My situation is not exactly like yours, since I and getting an 8.25" strip from the center of my image and because this problem persists with other software in addition to Photoshop.  However, what this is looking like after talking with Epson (I haven't yet given up and am trying to get a senior engineer on the phone) is that my printer the 1400 may simply not be able to print on any paper other than a standard size.  When I try to do this, it simply crops it to fit on an 8.5 x 11 sheet.  It is hard for me to believe this is true, as artists and photographers (at least this is true for me) may print on a variety of non-standard page sizes.

The Epson driver provides the option of custom sizes but it is possible that the printer may simple not be able to deal with custom sizes.

I will let you know if I discover anything further.

--Kenoli

kenoli

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 09:42:30 pm »

I got my problem solved,though I don't think it relates to yours.  Epson told me to set the paper for 12.95" instead of 13".  It worked fine.  Go figure.

--Kenoli

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 01:37:11 pm »

I've been watching your post. I've not said anything because I haven't had a good answer for you. I can now add that the 1400/1430 will definitely print sizes other than 8.5 x 11, so as you assumed, your situation is not right. I only saw an event similar to yours once. In that rare instance, I got a partial print in the middle of a larger sheet. Rebooting the computer and starting over solved the problem, which I think was some kind of a buffer error.

From your post, it looks like you have tried all the obvious solutions. My only other ideas would be to reload your printer drivers (and be sure they are current) and, are you printing out of Lr? Early on, I found Lr printer setup very confusing and I made bunch of operator-error mistakes. If you are printing out of Lr, we may want to explore this further.

Homer Shanon
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

GrantP

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:54:46 pm »

First of all I have to correct one major flaw with my previous post. I have a 9880 not a 9600.

I have been printing successfully for quite a while now. I'm sure I used to be able to print on any custom defined size of paper so long as it fit within the media a was printing on. Now I always define my custom sized to the exact width (usually 24 or 44 inches) and whatever height. Then shove my prints to one side of the page instead of center. I also found while printing from a Mac If I set the margins to 0" (default if set to retrieve from printer) I cannot use "Roll Paper" i have to use one of the "Border less" options. Otherwise she prints beautifully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up