Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X-E1 dead pixels?  (Read 5361 times)

Ludwig Nobel

Fuji X-E1 dead pixels?
« on: July 27, 2013, 05:54:40 pm »

Hi,

I already posted this on the Fuji Forum, perhaps somebody on LuLa has an idea whats going on with my camera.

I have a problem with my X-E1. Rows of corrupt pixels as in the attached image. These were shot with the 35mm. I am not sure if it is the camera or the SD-card, a SanDisk 32 GB Extreme Pro. I remember having read somewhere that a defect cart can cause this.

It does not show in all pictures, just in some of them. The location of the defect pixels is always different, so I tend to think it is not the sensor, but I am not sure.

Anybody seen this?

Ludwig

Greetings from Switzerland

Ludwig

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
Re: Fuji X-E1 dead pixels?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 08:57:49 am »

Ouch. That's bad. I have not seen that on either of my XE1 cameras. It looks similar to corrupted files that I used to see when a card was going bad, but it's been many years since that happened to me.

Have you tried a different card and/or card reader?
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 12:55:07 pm »

I would definitely try a different card, make sure to format in camera. If the sensor was having stuck pixels they would stay in the same position. So try a different card or a faster card as well. I use the Sandisk extremes with the 95mb/s speed, it does make a noticeable difference.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Ludwig Nobel

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 01:38:56 pm »

Thanks for answering.
The SanDisk Extreme is exactly the card I also use, as I wrote in my post.
I have tried another card, no dead pixels. Back to the SanDisk Extreme, no dead pixels...
The problem shows up randomly, that's why it is so difficult for me to diagnose.
I will wait and see, warranty will last another half year.

Ludwig
Pages: [1]   Go Up