Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A bird, a tree and a rocky outcropping  (Read 1317 times)

James Clark

A bird, a tree and a rocky outcropping
« on: July 25, 2013, 04:21:17 pm »

simple shot, simple thread title :)

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: A bird, a tree and a rocky outcropping
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 05:07:13 pm »

I like it, but there appears to be a hint of a halo around the bird

francois

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 03:01:10 am »

Yes, a very nice image with wildlife and landscape. It's well composed and I like the B&W conversion. I also see the halo, is it visible on the print?
Francois

James Clark

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 03:08:49 pm »

Thanks for the comments.  Are you (both) talking about a lightened halo just barely fringing the bird, or the darker smudge that appears behind it? If the latter, looking at it full size, I think that just a cloud density thing, or maybe a blurry bird thing, or both.  I don't see any typical fringe lightening though (but I had to work to get a halo off of the rocks where they meet the sky, so I will definitely go back and look at the full size file when I'm back in the studio)

francois

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 06:16:45 am »

Thanks for the comments.  Are you (both) talking about a lightened halo just barely fringing the bird, or the darker smudge that appears behind it? If the latter, looking at it full size, I think that just a cloud density thing, or maybe a blurry bird thing, or both.  I don't see any typical fringe lightening though (but I had to work to get a halo off of the rocks where they meet the sky, so I will definitely go back and look at the full size file when I'm back in the studio)

I was talking about the dark smudge. There's no sharpening halo as far as I see.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up