Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for fall photography locations in east Canada  (Read 2598 times)

neways

Suggestions for fall photography locations in east Canada
« on: July 25, 2013, 11:35:15 am »

I and a few photographers plan to do a photo trip for the famous fall scenery of Canada in the east this year. Any location and route suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

John

johnwangphoto@yahoo.com
http://johnwanggallery.shutterfly.com  

PhotoEcosse

Re: Suggestions for fall photography locations in east Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 05:18:12 pm »

If you just want the leaf-peeping stuff, then no need to go farther than New Brunswick. For more variety, a circuit of Cape Bretton followed by a trip to PEI will give lots of scope.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

neways

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »

Thanks a lot for the reply. Is it possible to point out the actual route,like from where to where and follow which road, etc.?

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 05:27:22 am »

When I did it, about 20 years ago, I started in Boston, drove up through Maine (stopping overnight at Portland and Bar Harbour), crossed into Canada and followed the main road through NB, into NS and, once again followed the main roads around NS in a clockwise direction. Then drove back to Boston for flight home to UK. (PEI was a different trip). Really the point is that, follwoing that route, I never had to deviate by more than about 20 miles off the main roads to find brilliant photo opps.

Of course, that trip took about 2½ weeks. If time is short, then my suggestion would be to fly to Halifax and drive north to Cape Breton and spend most of your time there. Lots of great opps round about Margaree Harbour, Chetticamp, and through the national park to Sydney.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

David S

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 07:51:37 am »

I am from Nova Scotia so no problem with the suggestions there.

But I would suggest Quebec about 90 minutes drive north of Montreal for the best fall colours and the Laurentians and the small towns-villages are a delight to visit and photograph.

Dave S

butlerkid

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 07:40:12 pm »

A few years ago we visited Algonquin Provincial Park and found phenomenal colors.  The park website has info regarding time for peak colors.  We made reserations quite a bit in advance so we could stay there in our 5th wheel.

neways

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 08:48:45 pm »

Thanks for the info. Could you let me know the name of the road and towns you mentioned in Quebec and Laurentians?

Your reply will be very much appreciated.

David S

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 11:55:30 am »

For the Laurentians in Quebec just take the autoroute north from Montreal. There are numerous exits and any or all will work. St Agathe and Mont Tremblant are good places to stay. It takes about 90 minutes to reach Tremblant by the express highway and then once there you can take the lesser routes and just wander about.

I no longer live in Montreal and don't have a map handy so I cannot supply route numbers but any reasonable map will show the way or use MapQuest.

Dave S

Pages: [1]   Go Up