Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beach #16, Rye, Victoria, Australia  (Read 568 times)

Hyper_Vistas

Beach #16, Rye, Victoria, Australia
« on: July 25, 2013, 03:51:35 am »

Hey there folks, just wanted some critique on a photograph from my latest adventure.

It's a 2 image manual blend in Photoshop using layer masks. Please comment on overall feel, blending proficiency and colours. Only small amounts of vibrance, curves and contrast were used. Be ruthless and fair! Thanks!

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: Beach #16, Rye, Victoria, Australia
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 12:11:17 pm »

This is a classic composition but very well executed. Were it mine, I’d remove some of the foreground, but that’s debatable for this kind of work. Also, it appears to my eyes to be a whisker away from the ocean being level, but I could be wrong.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:27:20 pm »

I find the sky a bit overprocessed, too "crunchy," as if the Clarity slider pushed too far (or whatever local-contrast enhancement technique you used). That results in the image having two distinct parts, competing for attention: foreground and background. I find the foreground interesting and its color pleasing. I think, however, that the same color treatment across the image is counterproductive. I think that slightly cooler (bluer) treatment for the sky might work better.

francois

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 03:06:29 am »

I like the foreground a lot. The blurry waters offer good contrast with the well defined rocks. On the other hand, I find the sky portion of the image overdone (see Slobodan's comment).
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up