Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to buy Epson 7890 Replacement Print Head?  (Read 9246 times)

BorisTheBlade888

Where to buy Epson 7890 Replacement Print Head?
« on: July 25, 2013, 12:12:25 am »

Hi Everyone,

Can someone point me to where I may be able to purchase a replacement print head for my Epson 7890 in the US? I am from Australia and they charge nearly $3000 for them here. My print head failed - and Epson will not replace it under warranty as I was using third party inks. I've read about some laws in the US which stops them from doing this - unfortunately these laws do not apply in Australia.  :(

Also - is anyone able to point me in the direction of where I may be able to purchase a soft or hard copy of the 7890 service manual in order that I can replace the head myself?

Many Thanks in advance for your help!

BrianWJH

Re: Where to buy Epson 7890 Replacement Print Head?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 09:15:21 pm »

Hi, check the following link for the head part, they are located in Europe but might be able to supply the head.

For the manual there seem to be eBay sellers mosting in England that appear to have most Epson maintenance manuals, not sure how good they are.

Printhead replacement often requires running Epson specific calibration software as well, not sure where you might get that, maybe the print head supplier listed below might know.

I assume that an Epson service technician has diagnosed that the printhead needs replacement.

http://www.gedat-spareparts.com/index.php

Cheers and good luck,
Brian.

DanielH

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:38:25 am »

Well, I can tell you that in the US you have to call Epson and give them your serial.

The number here is 317-406-2679.  It's tough to get through.  You'll probably need to leave several messages before they get back to you, but that's how we get them in the states(unless you know someone who will send you one). 

For the field service manual there's a site called www.2manuals.com that has the field service manuals for a few bucks.

I don't know where to get serverprog.exe for these. I'm looking now. I have the sneaky suspicion that it's the same program as for the 7900, since the heads and everything else, other than the presence of the orange and green cartridges, are the same. Please let me know if you find it. 

Hope this helps.

djata180

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 09:25:32 pm »

I have a working Epson pro 7890 very light used, Parting out.
Let me know if you want the printhead and any other parts.
I've sent printheads to overseas without any issues, UK, Australia.
I can flush it with shipping fluid.
Regards,
Pages: [1]   Go Up