Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coastal Sheep  (Read 1594 times)

cjogo

Coastal Sheep
« on: July 21, 2013, 11:38:51 pm »

Finally a digitally shot image  ;D  Every thing has mainly been scanned images from 20 + years ago ..

WalterEG

Re: Coastal Sheep
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 11:46:04 pm »

Stick with the film and scanning.  This has none of the customary feel of your other excellent work.

W

cjogo

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 11:59:03 pm »

Stick with the film and scanning.  This has none of the customary feel of your other excellent work.

W
I was at a wedding -- couldn't resist to grab a scenic..  Yeah, Walter >  I much prefer the customary images I display ... BUT the galleries in my town >> much prefer the scenic colour.  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:02:24 am by cjogo »

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 07:03:29 pm »

I was at a wedding -- couldn't resist to grab a scenic..  Yeah, Walter >  I much prefer the customary images I display ... BUT the galleries in my town >> much prefer the scenic colour.  

The attached [but have now removed] may not be scenic color, but I thought it might help.  I layered a B & W conversation over the original to mute and adjust it a little.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:40:43 pm by Bruce Cox »

cjogo

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:27:21 pm »

The attached may not be scenic color, but I thought it might help.  I layered a B & W conversation over the original to mute and adjust it a little.

Sure a lot of colour missin'  ..  ;D   I still have about 10% of my art work archives as color >  in the past 40 years.  May be a I will load up a few more.  :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:37:54 am by cjogo »

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 04:58:09 pm »

Sure a lot of colour missin'  ..  ;D   I still have about 10% of my art work archives as color >  in the past 40 years.  Maye a I will load up a few more.  :)

I like your B&W version of the sheep.  It is vastly superior to the one I came up with.  I have therefore now layered it over your color version.  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:10:02 pm by Bruce Cox »

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 06:43:17 pm »

Much prefer the original.

Peter

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 09:20:32 pm »

The bottom two thirds of the image looks nice but the sky and distant hills rather spoil things for me, in both the color (which I prefer) and B&W versions. I tried a crop, but wasn't particularly enamored of it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:30:46 pm by kencameron »
Ken Cameron

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 11:48:46 pm »

For a color version I prefer Ken's crop, but for the overall scene I prefer the B&W version.

To me, the colors in the mountains in the original post have the unsettling "off" quality that I've seen in many of my own attempts at scanning Kodachromes. Many of mine I can't seem to fix the colors either in Lightroom or Photoshop, and those seem to work better converted to monochrome.

Thus, I feel your pain!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Hyper_Vistas

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 03:56:03 am »

I don't think the image needs to be cropped really as the hills in the background add to the photo rather than detract. It makes me feel like "I'm there" with the mountains, rather than just looking at a herd of sheep.

I would suggest boosting the mid tones on the mountains a little and adding some more contrast to them, then masking out everything else.

Cheers, Tim.
Pages: [1]   Go Up