Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Randomness of Life  (Read 505 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
The Randomness of Life
« on: July 20, 2013, 09:04:56 am »

was the title of this shot presented in another forum. A responder commented, "ummm, I don't get it, to which I responded,

"You're driving down the street and the wheel from a 747 which detached 15 seconds earlier on takeoff squishes the car in front of you...so, why them and not you? What are the odds? Is there a pattern to all this, or...is life just a series of random branches from a central vine, each trying to maintain some sort of semblance to those around it, but in the end, just trying to survive; trying to find that one foothold which will keep it from destroying the root or itself; it's an interesting thought, eh?

Me, I see it all as random tendrils which eventually conform to a standard simply for the sake of survival. In this instance, should a tendril go astray, there's a man with a pair of clippers who will ensure conformity...and don't you think these guys don't know this?

I'd hate to think that in my life, I'd have to have every photograph slap me full front on to make sense. I'd like to think that while I would really not like to get clipped, I'd still have the want to at least think in an abstract manner."

Does anyone else on here get the meaning of the shot without this much explanation, or am I having flashbacks?

If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

cjogo

Re: The Randomness of Life
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 05:15:57 pm »

Just the right space & tonals ~!

francois

Re: The Randomness of Life
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 06:27:36 am »

Superb and I like the dark/light split of this photo.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up