Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mountain Lion Photoshop CS5  (Read 1539 times)

PatrickAllen

Mountain Lion Photoshop CS5
« on: July 18, 2013, 12:02:43 pm »

Finally updated to Mountain Lion and now when printing to the Epson 9900 from Photoshop the job spools up to several minutes before starting to print. It previously printed almost immediately. Wondering if anybody else is having this issue.

Best,
Patrick Allen
Ken Allen Studios

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
Re: Mountain Lion Photoshop CS5
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 12:11:06 pm »

I have a similar problem with my Canon iPF 8400. But since I upgraded to ML at the same time I started using PS CS6, I wasn't sure which might be responsible. I'm printing through the Canon Print Plug-in. Curiously, this long spooling time is not always the case and it seems irrespective of file size...
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

PatrickAllen

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 12:30:26 pm »

Rob,

Interesting. Sounds like maybe a mountain lion issue then. Ditto on it being irrespective of file size and not always taking a long time to spool.

Patrick

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:40:30 pm »

did you upgrade from Lion?  There were no real changes to the printer pipeline.  I didn't notice any change, time varies quite a bit based on file size and whether I have the 16bit option enabled.

francois

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 03:03:26 am »

Rob,

Interesting. Sounds like maybe a mountain lion issue then. Ditto on it being irrespective of file size and not always taking a long time to spool.

Patrick

Is there any message like "Looking for printer…" displayed or just the normal printing and nothing moves?
Francois

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 07:35:05 am »

If you haven't tried this already, you could go into the 'Print & Scan' dialogue in 'System Preferences' deleting the printer and then re-adding it.  Then restart the Mac.    This sometimes works when, after a system or printer driver update, the communications get a bit unreliable.  Also do a Permissions Repair.

PatrickAllen

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 12:17:41 pm »

Upgraded from Snow Leopard. There is no "Looking For Printer" message just "Printing" which it gets stuck on. Large 16 bit files will start printing right away sometimes and small files will take 2 minutes and vice versa so it does not appear to be related to file size. I will try deleting the printer and repairing permissions and see if that resolves it. Thanks.

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 12:57:10 pm »

ML came on my new desktop Mac Pro, so no upgrade. No on screen message and on the printer I get the usual blinking light and "...spooling" message.

It's not a major problem, more of another of life's little head scratching annoyances...

did you upgrade from Lion?  There were no real changes to the printer pipeline.  I didn't notice any change, time varies quite a bit based on file size and whether I have the 16bit option enabled.
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

PatrickAllen

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 04:51:42 pm »

Ok so its not Mountain Lion. Other computers in the studio that have not upgraded and are still running Snow Leopard are having the same issue. Files use to fly to the printer and now there is a definite delay. Not a major issue but can be frustrating when working with clients to print images quickly... Definitely scratching my head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up