Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wet Mounting S3400  (Read 1233 times)

jtread

Wet Mounting S3400
« on: July 17, 2013, 08:47:37 am »

I am beginning to wet mount on my drum scanner and I am experiencing problems with my tape. The tape that I am using is old and I suspect that this is the problem but wanted to post pictures to see if it is my technique that is the problem.

I am mounting directly on the machine because it is a better height and distance than my mounting station. I put a small piece of tape on the negative, then I put a piece of acetate with tape at the top over the negative. I then put a piece of tape on the bottom of the acetate. I then roll the drum back and spray mounting fluid on the underside of the acetate, top and bottom of the negative. I pull the acetate over the negative and tape down the bottom side. I am able to get a good seal with very few air bubbles. I then use tape to pull the acetate a bit tighter and finish by sealing all of the sides with tape. The seal looks great for about ten minutes and then the ripples in the tape show up.

The tape is also leaving a ton of residue behind when I pull the tape off of the drum.

Pictures below.

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
Re: Wet Mounting S3400
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 04:07:03 pm »

Looks like you need to switch to Kami scan tape and Kami mounting fluid. Also, some people are using Lumina mounting fluid available from parrotcolor.com

jtread

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 04:11:40 pm »

Thanks Mike! That was the problem. Thanks for answering. I already ordered the new tape.

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 08:22:25 pm »

How did you acquire the s3400? I just got a good deal on a Tango.
Pages: [1]   Go Up