I am beginning to wet mount on my drum scanner and I am experiencing problems with my tape. The tape that I am using is old and I suspect that this is the problem but wanted to post pictures to see if it is my technique that is the problem.
I am mounting directly on the machine because it is a better height and distance than my mounting station. I put a small piece of tape on the negative, then I put a piece of acetate with tape at the top over the negative. I then put a piece of tape on the bottom of the acetate. I then roll the drum back and spray mounting fluid on the underside of the acetate, top and bottom of the negative. I pull the acetate over the negative and tape down the bottom side. I am able to get a good seal with very few air bubbles. I then use tape to pull the acetate a bit tighter and finish by sealing all of the sides with tape. The seal looks great for about ten minutes and then the ripples in the tape show up.
The tape is also leaving a ton of residue behind when I pull the tape off of the drum.