Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4800 settings to print on .6mm aluminium  (Read 5287 times)

NevilleWright

Epson 4800 settings to print on .6mm aluminium
« on: July 16, 2013, 01:09:56 am »

Just attempting to print my first metal print. The paper size is correct (900 x 300mm) and it all appears correct in the Epson preview.
The printer is set for manual feed. It advances the sheet, measures the width and retracts back to the correct printing position. Runs across the metal and then resets with an incorrect paper setting message. Paper setting is for Premium Glossy(250) which I presume is the 250gsm paper weight. Any ideas on what next to do would be great.
Thanks
Nev

shadowblade

Re: Epson 4800 settings to print on .6mm aluminium
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:22:05 am »

Make sure you have a custom profile for the aluminium.

Printing on silver aluminium sheet is quite different from printing on white paper - without a custom profile, all your colours will come out extremely dark.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 11:20:43 am »

Not sure about the 4800 but that is a front feed tray, straight through pass?
Just do not forget to set the platen to its widest.
Again not sure about the glossy 250 but I know on the 9900 the 260 is roll and the 250 is a sheet.
Sorry cannot be more of a help but it just sounds like something not quite right in your settings.
Screen shot if you can.

12" x 36" for your first one. Your a brave soul.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:03:25 pm by Dan Berg »

NevilleWright

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 04:34:44 pm »

Hi Dan
thanks for your reply. The 4800 is straight feed from the back. Normally I use roll or sheet feeds from the tray. Used heavy paper fed from the back and feed was ok. Platen height is set to automatic. I believe it might be something to do with the scanning system that detects the paper width and reflectivity. A private email suggested it might need a strip of white tape over the leading edge to fool the printer into thinking it was printing on paper.
Nev

Rand47

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 07:30:52 pm »

Hi Dan
thanks for your reply. The 4800 is straight feed from the back. Normally I use roll or sheet feeds from the tray. Used heavy paper fed from the back and feed was ok. Platen height is set to automatic. I believe it might be something to do with the scanning system that detects the paper width and reflectivity. A private email suggested it might need a strip of white tape over the leading edge to fool the printer into thinking it was printing on paper.
Nev

Please keep us posted as you sort this out!  I'm thinking of venturing in this direction with my 4880 and would benefit from your experience.   Thanks...

Rand
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up