Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop Clone Tool  (Read 2143 times)

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
Photoshop Clone Tool
« on: July 15, 2013, 12:13:51 am »

It seems that the default is for an aligned source. Any way to change this a non-aligned default? As I understand it, the setting is supposed to stay wherever you last set it; however, when I set to non-aligned, it sometimes goes back to aligned on its own, or seemingly on its own. I can't think of anything I am doing to make it change back.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:16:59 am by David Eichler »

Peterretep

• http://www.mountainphotographics.com
Re: Photoshop Clone Tool
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 08:45:12 pm »

I find this problem to be a real pain myself. Hopefully someone will post a good solution.

Peter

Peterretep

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 07:42:55 am »

Any input on this? Help with this quirky little problem sure would be appreciated and a help to many.

Thanks,

Peter Montanti

Redcrown

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 12:33:14 pm »

All the Photoshop tool settings are "sticky" and should remain at the last setting. If your settings mysteriously change or revert, then something on your system is doing it.

If you reset preferences, that would do it. The next suspect is Actions. It's possible that some 3rd party action you've downloaded is messing with the tool settings.

I had that happen once. A downloaded action was making custom Text tool settings, changing my Text to vertical. Was an action I ran very infrequently and I use the Text tool very infrequently, so was hard to find.

When I finally found it, the Text tool setting in the action had absolutely nothing to do with the intent of the action. I figured the author was just sloppy, and developed the action from a clone of some other action, and forgot to clean it up.

So a tip to search for such things...

Save your actions as text files, then use a text editor to search for the appropriate string that indicates a clone tool setting.

Peterretep

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 08:30:32 am »

Redcrown, thank you for the reply, however I don't think resetting preferences would change the unwanted change to aligned. This unwanted change has happened for years with different versions of PS on several different computers, sometimes right after resetting preferences. I've never downloaded an action either. The change from non aligned to aligned seems to happen based on some particular use of the clone tool itself.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up