Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X-Pro1 diopter lenses  (Read 3566 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Fuji X-Pro1 diopter lenses
« on: July 13, 2013, 03:02:54 pm »

I just received an X-Pro1 and 14mm and 35mm lenses. Still trying to figure it out. Even though I knew there was no adjustable diopter eyepiece, I bought it any way. I cannot see the finder image clearly. I just ordered a Plus 1 Diopter on a gamble.....it may or may not be enough of a correction. When it arrives, I try it. If not good enough, I buy a Plus 2, etc. That is the advantage of having a local dealer that stocks all that stuff. Take the cameera into the shop, and try diopter lenses till you get it right. To make matters worse, I am left eyed; I am having cataract surgery on my right eye mid August. Later I will need to get the left eye done (the eye I use for photographing). After the surgery, who knows what correction I will need. BIG error with Fuji not putting an adjustable diopter in a "Pro" camera. My other three camera systems (Sony A-900, Nikon D800e, and Pentax 645D) all have adjustable eyepieces. Sorry about my rant, but until I get the right eyepiece, my new system is useless.
Dave in NJ

David S

Re: Fuji X-Pro1 diopter lenses
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 03:12:28 pm »

Absolutely agree. Why on earth didn't they build an adjustment mechanism into the system.

Dave S

OldRoy

• http://
Re: Fuji X-Pro1 diopter lenses
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 03:37:09 pm »

For a product at this price point it's a bl00dy disgrace that this wasn't part of the design. I was all set to buy a system when it was released but when I tried it - I wear specs - I found it unusable on the standard eyepiece. To make matters worse the OVF and EVF had different degrees of out-of-focus-ness. Of course the chance of finding a dealer who could offer a range of different VF lenses for trial was a big fat nil, even in a city the size of London. Not that there are many dealers to chose from any longer.

Still, a adjustable eyepiece is now one of the "feechers" to trumpet when the next version with its minor incremental improvements is released. Like a sensibly sized focus rectangle for the OMD Mk 2. There is no excuse at all for this kind of product crippling - omitting facilities that a test by half a dozen users of various degrees of experience would reveal immediately. Excluding, that is, the mind boggling notion that these products' designers would be unaware of such fundamental requirements.

We are mugs for meekly accepting this sort of nonsense.

Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up