Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Storage...  (Read 683 times)

Keithw1975

Epson Storage...
« on: July 13, 2013, 02:34:30 pm »

I just purchased an Epson 9900 to replace my Epson 9600. I plan to keep my 9600 as a backup though. Since I really don't print enough to justify using both of them I was thinking it might be better to flush out the ink on the 9600 to save it from clogging issues. Does this make sense or should I just print a couple solid sheets every month? The only downside to flushing is that if I do need to use the machine it is going to waste a lot of ink.

On average I run around 25 18"x24" per month.

I have never flushed one before. Do you need to get refillable cartridges or can I use a syringe to purge the lines? I have replaced a print head and a capping station so I am somewhat familiar with the 9600 and 7600 printers.

framah

Re: Epson Storage...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 04:25:43 pm »

Honestly, I never had a problem with my 9600 even after it sat for a couple of months, it would still throw out a good print with no clogging from sitting turned  off.

Now, my 9900... that thing would get partial clogs just looking at it and finally had a stroke in the green channel with a complete clog.

I'd say keep it loaded and just throw a small image thru it once on a while. Maybe switch it over to B/W printing.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Keithw1975

Re: Epson Storage...
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 05:52:33 pm »

Ok. I have the one year Epson service agreement and then sprung for another two years on-site with Square Trade. Hopefully the 9900 will do better than some of the others I have read about. I plan to clean my wiper regularly and shake my cartridges before using them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up