Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long HPZ6200 Processing Time...Solutions?  (Read 1309 times)

ph0kused

Long HPZ6200 Processing Time...Solutions?
« on: July 12, 2013, 12:03:19 pm »

Hey Guys,

I created an account finally!  I've been reading/learning from Luminous Landscape from 2007, and I really feel this community is simply the best when it comes to troubleshooting.

Quick question for all you HP Z Series users...

I have a 2 - HP Z 6100 (60") and 1 HP Z 6200 (60").  Both HP's have an incredibly long processing time.  An example would be:  I'm running a bulk job, 250 prints, each print is 10.5" x 8.5"  small swatch style stuff.  The files are relatively small, 20mb TIFFs. 

I send the job to the printer, and on the HP Z Series on-board Screen, it will say processing time:  128 minutes!  Just to process the template...  For this silly 250 swatch print job, it can take upward of 4 hours!

When I roll over to my Epson GS6000 or Epson 9900 or Canon IPF8300, it'll take 1.5 - 2hours MAX.  I'm stuck using my HP's because I'm trying to replicate EXACTLY what my customer's prints look like.  He runs HPZ6200's as well, and I offered to help him out with this job, and I'm kicking myself now for doing it because of the incredibly long processing time.

Does anyone know of a solution?  I have a feeling there's some setting on the HPZ Printer Menu where I can set it to have my computer process the image, not the printer.  It feels like the printer is handling all the rendering...at the speed of a Pentium 2 processor running Windows ME!  :'(

Any ideas?  Thanks guys. :-\

aaronchan

Re: Long HPZ6200 Processing Time...Solutions?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 12:21:48 pm »

I had the Z6100 which is not my cup of tea because I have to use a lot of thick paper for most of my clients.
Anyway, this is still a great fast printer for commercial jobs.
I have never had a processing problem with it, with using both printer's driver and Wastach RIP.
the ripping process should be done by the computer rather then the printer by itself, I could be wrong.
Try to update the firmware of the printer if there's one.
Or if you have any RIP such as Wastach, EFI or else, give it a try, to see if there's anything wrong with the printer.

aaron

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Long HPZ6200 Processing Time...Solutions?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 06:39:44 am »

Could you use Qimage on a fast PC and stack the images that they fit economically on the roll?
Compare 300 PPI input and 600 PPI input prints too with that workflow and decide whether it makes a difference.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up