Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nokia Lumia 1020 41 megapixel phone camera  (Read 1483 times)

JimT

Nokia Lumia 1020 41 megapixel phone camera
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:11:45 am »

So yesterday I found out how amazing this smartphone really was.  Beyond the hype and the technological statement Nokia wanted to make with this phone/camera, I believe this camera phone, with a dedicated grip, is the real deal.  I've needed a compact point and shoot and a reason to replace my old phone.  I finally got one.

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 41 megapixel phone camera
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:21:26 am »

This might replace my iPhone. I have been aching to get out of the IOS ecosystem for years.  This might just be the phone to do it.  Too bad it isn't android though. I am afraid I will lose-out on some of my apps in the switch-over. 

Can you even make voice calls on this thing?    ??? I don't really like to talk on phones anyway, so who cares. ::)
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:27:47 am »

Very tempting. Too bad Nokia bailed out of Japan 5 years ago...  :(

Cheers,
Bernard

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 02:26:39 pm »

I have the 808 pureview and its quite an amazing camera - but also amazing was the sound quality and the built in radio and other features.  Voice quality was the best of any phone I've used.     I am not using the 808 as a main phone because its a bit slow but sometimes I'll carry it around as a pocket camera.  It's really that good.   I can only image the 1020 as being a fantastic phone and regret that in the US AT&T is the carrier.  Still I might replace my note2 with one if I can get one unlocked.   
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up