Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where Do You Crop ?  (Read 1273 times)

cjogo

Where Do You Crop ?
« on: July 11, 2013, 01:36:23 am »

Just never able to dissect this image  (0); ???...  Super Wide Hassy > somewhere in France ~ around '92

stamper

Re: Where Do You Crop ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:00:56 am »

I don't think you do crop it. Honestly I don't think the image is worth spending a lot of time on and I don't mean that to be nasty in any way. An image best left for another day and looked at with a fresh pair of eyes. :)

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 04:06:22 am »

Just never able to dissect this image  (0); ???...  Super Wide Hassy > somewhere in France ~ around '92

It's too confusing; it might have had some separation of detail in colour, but in b/w it's a mess. It could possibly have been fractionally better with a shallow DOF but you probably wouldn't have used a wide Hassy for that...

Not your usual high visual design offering, even though there is good framing overall.

But we all get off-days - some last longer than others.

;-)

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:27:21 am »

I think Russ's mantra is right about this one. The image is well-balanced as is and any crop would weaken it.

It works just fine for me. And I don't think color would add any value (Sorry, Rob).

After all, "Real photographers shoot only B&W."   ;D

Eric M.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 10:16:18 am »

Et voila.  Agree with some of the other comments -- i.e.: not sure I would develop this one -- but since you ask it must have some importance to you.  I like the presence of the viewer of the scene at the plot, and I like the entrance to the plot (and, likewise, the presence of the viewer of the picture and the entrance to the picture), so I chose to emphasize that, aware that, as is, both the picture and the scene are not navigable in any satisfactory way by the beholder.

I don't like the representation or the placement of the OoF white blossoms on the far side of the far fence.  This, to me, is the most problematic aspect of the data (second to the coarseness).

Here's one (quick) effort -- a foil for your own  :)

(Sorry -- don't know how to post as a thumbnail.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:24:12 am by KirbyKrieger »

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 10:25:30 am »

I tend to agree with the others that this image is not terribly interesting. But, since you asked, I would crop at the bottom, about halfway between the current edge and the fence railing.

cjogo

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 10:30:23 am »

Thanks viewers ..  Yeah, I just never knew what to do with this one .. There seemed to be an image somewhere in that yard, that day  > I liked the top of the wall / wrought iron / and the floating paper~ish flowers.  Maybe it was just viewing through that little window on the SWC ~ with a SLR I would had moved around more ...  Well, that's why its never been printed.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:35:19 am by cjogo »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 11:13:36 am »

I don't know how long you waited to post this one, Joseph, but I think you made the same mistake I made not long ago and didn't wait long enough. I can't see that any crop is going to improve this picture.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

cjogo

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 05:25:26 pm »

OK  ;)there's always tomorrow ..  just was in my archives --haven't seen in for 17 years or so...  At the time :: wrought iron was selling in images @ the galleries -- so I shot all I  could on my trips.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:27:37 pm by cjogo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up