I have an Epson 9800 that has started printing thin white horizontal bands parallel to the movement of the print head.
The bands are most noticeable in the dark areas at 1440 dpi and less noticeable when printing at 2880.
Epson repair came out and serviced the printer. They did the following:
1. Changed Flushing Box
2. Changed Pump Cap Assembly
3. Changed Cleaner
4. Changed Wiper Blade
They charged $607.00
This did not correct the banding problem and has resulted in a new problem of printing dark splotches randomly across the prints.
The splotches have the following qualities:
1. About the size of a thin finger print, almost like a faded/dried water drip
2. Irregular shape without clear edges
3. In a print of 70% grey swatch the splotches appear about 5% to 10% darker. Could be described as looking like a birthmark.
4. The splotches cover the print and appear more regularly as the print continues.
Can you please advise?
Do I change the head on the 9800?
Do I upgrade?
I have a collection of 100 prints color calibrated to this machine. I fear the change over will be very time consuming.
Thank you in advance.