Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update & a Decision---GH2 & GH3  (Read 2754 times)

Raymond Bleesz

Update & a Decision---GH2 & GH3
« on: July 09, 2013, 10:02:55 pm »

Awhile back, I posted a notice saying that my GH2 & my 14-140 panny took a swim in the Aegean----Poseidon's revenge. Well today, I ordered a GH3, however, I have held off replacing that lens as I question what might be a better fit for my kit---hence your input for a replacement lens.

Some parameters: My primary system is Nikon, mostly zoom with one prime, that being a 50mm.
                          The Panny kit is for travel & quickies, and I am satisfied with just a few lenses & less weight.
                          I did like the 14-140 very much---it covered a lot of territory, and I used it most often as compared to my 2 other Panny's.

The other Panny's I have now & will be using on the new GH3 are thus:  a 14 to 45 and a 100-300.

So I would say there is a void in between the 45 & 100 but I do not see a Panny which might fill that void. The 35-100 took my interest, however, that's a lot of dollars and overlapping to the right with what I have. The other lenses which I have given thought to were the 45's, 200,175,150 but again overlapping on the right with what I have.

I suppose I could do a prime 40 Panny.

If you have a clear thought regarding this muddle, let me hear your suggestions.

Trevor Murgatroyd

Re: Update & a Decision---GH2 & GH3
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:00:25 pm »

My 14-140 took an unexpected dip with me when my kayak overturned in the Adirondacks.  >:(

My other lenses were much the same collection as yours. I bought another 14-140 (though growling at the cost) and have not been sorry - it is such a good and useful lens.

Trevor
Pages: [1]   Go Up