Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Central California Coast Photo's  (Read 1050 times)

Vladimir Steblina

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:55:48 pm by Vladimir Steblina »
Retired Forester....rambling round
www.usbackroads.blogspot.com

francois

Re: Central California Coast Photo's
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 03:46:02 am »

Vladimir,
I love the kelp photo. This is a good composition with a very nice like (the kelp). B&W is perfect for this image. My only very minor "issue" would be your framing on the left, a bit too tight.

With your second image, I have a problem finding a strong point of focus. My eyes roam through the frame. I like the right part of this photo. It has good depth with the successive layers.
Francois

Vladimir Steblina

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:30:56 am »

Thank you for your comments.

I did notice the tightness on the kelp photo.......later.

On the the lack of focus point on the coastline photo I was looking for the balance point between the sun on the waves and the dark cliffs.  Which as you note is no focus point at all. 

I like the photo because it does show the interplay between the sun and fog on the coastline.  However, I think I am in the minority on this photo.
Retired Forester....rambling round
www.usbackroads.blogspot.com

francois

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 12:06:17 pm »

Thank you for your comments.

I did notice the tightness on the kelp photo.......later.

It's really not a major issue and it's always easy to find those problems after that shot has been taken… I love this photo.

On the the lack of focus point on the coastline photo I was looking for the balance point between the sun on the waves and the dark cliffs.  Which as you note is no focus point at all. 

I like the photo because it does show the interplay between the sun and fog on the coastline.  However, I think I am in the minority on this photo.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the second image. I can figure out the idea! I might well be in the minority on this photo, who knows!

Keep posting your photos.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up