Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS6 not displaying print dialog  (Read 1957 times)

John Nollendorfs

PS6 not displaying print dialog
« on: July 08, 2013, 01:10:59 pm »

Been having this problem off and on for the last couple of months on Windows 7. I've tried re-installing print drivers, and that has worked twice. But now nothing seems to work. Been reverting to PS5 for printing. Anyone have any ideas?

John Nollendorfs

Re: PS6 not displaying print dialog
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:06:43 pm »

I found going to "devices & Printers" and clicking on the Z printer and changing the set up, brought the dialog box back again. Curious, what might be causing it to disappear?

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:34:39 pm »

Another curious thing, lack of getting print dialog box seems to be file specific.  If I take an old PSD file, flatten, copy and paste into a new document, I get the print dialog box. Any ideas what might be going on? Windows 7 64 bit.

david2013

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 08:05:11 am »

I know of a situation where an error message appears like the message below.
"The saved printer information is not compatible with this version of Photoshop, or the saved printer is no longer available. You will need to check your printer settings before printing"
Any such message you are getting?
If this is the case then go to Control panel under printers change the default printer. This has solved so many similar similar issues you you may try it out. Or maybe you may want to see a discussion about how to print Photoshop images here http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-can-i-print-my-images-my-printer.

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 12:07:10 pm »

The problem seems to be a moving target! So far, I've tinkered with the  driver settings, reloaded the HP driver, and resetting to default printer. Right now nothing seems to be working. I thought I had a problem with files, because if I selected all and pasted into a new document, it worked. Now, nothing seems to work. When I go to print (Win7, 16 gig RAM, i5 quad core) nothing happens. Sounds like it could be a malfunction PS6. Printing out of PS5 still works fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up