Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 5 hot issues  (Read 45764 times)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Lightroom 5 hot issues
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2013, 11:46:29 pm »

That's modestly good news.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

SunnyUK

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2013, 08:33:08 am »

See Update on Hot Issues in Lightroom 5

"As mentioned here, we have been investigating a number of issues that Lightroom 5 customers have reported.  We are testing fixes for these issues and are planning to release an update next week."

I hope it's a software release, rather than a PR-update.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2013, 08:35:14 am »

Huh?

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2013, 03:20:15 pm »

I hope it's a software release, rather than a PR-update.

Must confess I hadn't read it that way. Let's hope not!

"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

john beardsworth

• My photography site

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2013, 04:43:55 pm »

Did I miss something? What happened to 5.1?

Richowens

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2013, 05:00:06 pm »

David,

You weren't sleeping, there is not a 5.1.

Don't know why, just isn't.

Rich

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2013, 05:17:04 pm »

The jump was to keep LR's dot number in sync with ACR 8.2

Simon Garrett

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2013, 05:23:05 pm »

Apparently 5.2 fixes most of the major bugs of 5 (though not all) and there are one or two new features, such as the ability to specify a feather amount on the spot healing (clone) tool.  I've had a quick play, and I think that might be useful. 

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2013, 11:56:54 pm »

It didn't mention anything about fixing the tethering bug with OSX 10.8.4 & Canon 5Dmk III. Basically fixing this problem - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1244138

Anyone else having this issue?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2013, 03:36:33 am »

Apparently 5.2 fixes most of the major bugs of 5 (though not all) and there are one or two new features, such as the ability to specify a feather amount on the spot healing (clone) tool.  I've had a quick play, and I think that might be useful. 

Do you have any idea if the bug I described here has been fixed? I daren't edit any old photos in 5.0!

Jeremy

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2013, 03:58:56 am »

Do you have any idea if the bug I described here has been fixed?
Apparently so;
Fixed Issues
The following issues have been fixed in Lightroom 5.2 release candidate:

Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.

francois

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2013, 05:30:54 am »

Do you have any idea if the bug I described here has been fixed? I daren't edit any old photos in 5.0!

Jeremy

I just tried and choosing the upgrade old 2003 process images to the latest doesn't add the post-crop vignette stuff in history.
Francois

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2013, 08:43:24 pm »

now it is all about who's going to create the most hype the fastest, grab a market share, and then quietly fix half-baked things.

Sounds like my refrigerator issue.  I guess in the last 5 or so years they all decided to make them 3-4 year life span disposable. No more 10-20 year quality build. Its get in and get out, dilute devert,use loopholes, change names without backlash. These days everyone is a politician. 

Hope you get your LR patches soon!
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2013, 03:44:21 am »

I just tried and choosing the upgrade old 2003 process images to the latest doesn't add the post-crop vignette stuff in history.

Excellent. Thanks to you and Rhossydd. I'll be downloading it this evening.

Jeremy

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2013, 08:45:48 pm »

I just upgraded to LR5 as I was offered a close to give away deal...
I opened/updated one of my larger catalogs of 1.7TB, and it took some time, but things are looking OK.

I did notice a "FEATURE" that I don't know if it changed or if I'm mistaken........?

I was getting used to having the main of 2 screens with the image I just adjusted in DEV mode, then on the second screen... I thought I had been copying a dev setting from one image and then right click any other image and paste with those settings.....

Was this the case in Lr4 or has LR5 removed this and now only available in LIB mode?

If someone can confirm,
thanks

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2013, 09:12:10 pm »

weird, now it does it  ??? >:(

KHP

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2013, 08:34:50 am »

Quote from: Schewe on July 08, 2013, 12:19:30 AM
Guess you've never been involved in software development, right? Fixing one bug can introduce other bugs...bugs not seen before nor expected. That's what happened here. And, it wasn't just Lightroom that got hit with this bug, it also was introduced in Camera Raw 8.1. So, it wasn't really a LR bug it was a LR/ACR raw processing pipeline bug that got introduced in the last several builds that sadly, none of the internal testers caught. ....end Quote

Quote from knweiss, "Unfortunately the automated LR test-suite (which hopefully runs after each commit to the source code) didn't catch this regression.

This a good example of a bug/regression which can and should be found by a computer test program and not by a human tester.....end Quote
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

.......as a SW Quality Auditor for DOD Systems I am required by law and contract to "find and fix"...or suffer the consequences. I am required to actually test the product in several ways, full stress, operational environment, and of course constant regression testing.....but Bottom Line is always the same: It Must Work First Time Every Time To Protect The Nation....they even spend tax-payer dollars to make big signs saying that and we have to post them around the labs....but then we do also have folks Committed to Excellence.

I realize that "Schewe" has a special commercial relationship throughout the industry resulting in his acceptance and defense of problems like this....but realistically the Customer has a right and the developer has an obligation to produce a usable product. Any notion of "must get it out the door" is just a fraud on the public.

"Get it right before you ship" ought...OUGHT be the minimum acceptable standard. Of course the Customer is responsible for "voting with their $$" to enforce this notion; but in this case there are few applications as powerful as the Adobe offerings which does give them the ability to slack off occasionally.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2013, 03:19:35 pm »

Things are looking good on my workstation!
The adjustment sliders are smoother feeling, the overall feel is smoother and I might want to say snappier!

I did notice when I opened another catalog, for a split second the preview of another image was still in the cache so it appeared and then updated to the image it was supposed to display.
This happened once that I noticed.

So far I have not hit any "Hot Issues" on my systems.

Notes on new features. Well unless you greatly value the align tool, I don't see much to LR5 Upgrade. I am happy I did it, but I could certainly have done just fine without upgrading. The radial tool is good to speed up from making 4 different gradients. Is the LIB interface a touch brighter/lighter shade of gray? I wish we could simply copy a gradient or radial, and I thought this was supposed to be added, but I can't find it. Also would be nice to group and move local brush adjusts. but not included.

I was hoping to see overall refinements in the GUI. Simple things like when exporting, We often have presets but we change them according to the image to add a text or watermark according tot he image(at least I do). Why not have the Update selection at the top of the drop down. When we have a bunch of watermarks that are not being used at the time, we don't have to carefully scroll down(maybe a KB shortcut answers this, but?). Those type of refinements would be rather welcome.

I also like the addition of making a Smart set that is transportable. I have not used it yet, but I think I will.

The biggest visual change is the cool splash screen :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up