Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alpa FPS - An Enduring Camera?  (Read 7025 times)

hubell

Re: Alpa FPS - An Enduring Camera?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 03:41:57 pm »

I don't own an Alpa personally, but I do find them quite attractive in a minimalist sort of way. However, I don't find the FPS at all attractive. In fact, I think it is butt ugly. All the charm of a 2x4 carved out of metal with a bunch of different connectors drilled into it. For me,  a camera that has so little soul could never be enduring. Seriously, if it had the Cambo label on it and cost half as much as a regular Alpa, do you think the author would be rhapsodizing over it?

narikin

Re: Alpa FPS - An Enduring Camera?
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 05:20:39 pm »

Hi,

I am not barking. Ask yourself, will you look back in ten years, and say the FPS was an epic camera? I like the concept of the FPS, it is just that I don't think it's epic, game changing or even enduring. Let's find out in a few years.

Best regards
Erik

Erik, "Barking up the wrong tree" (=chasing the wrong cat) is not the same as "Barking" (=crazy), so please don't misunderstand!

The point is that adding a Focal Plane Shutter to a tech camera has no effect, positive or negative, on focusing, so it's "the wrong cat" to go chasing after regarding criticizing the FPS.

Whether it's an 'enduring' camera or not (whatever that may be) is not my interest, and not relevant to whether the digital back attached to it is CMOS or CCD.  CMOS backs in MF digital will indeed change a lot of things, but that is not in the hands of Alpa, or Cambo, or ARCA or Linhof or any other Tech camera manufacturer.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:43:14 am by narikin »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up