Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Import Images  (Read 6222 times)

James R

Can't Import Images
« on: July 04, 2013, 01:49:04 am »

I upgraded from C1 6 to C1 7 (7.1.3).  I have some Fuji X Pro 1 raw images on my main Photography drive.  I tried to import these images into C1 and cannot get the import module to work.  I even played the introductory video and the process described is not what I'm getting.  I select a new Catalog and names it JR, placing it on a different internal drive (BTW, I tried it on the same drive with same results) and selected the import image arrow.  I was not directed to an option to select where to download the files, instead the truncated dialogue box where you name a the images, add metadata, and file info pops up.  I filled out the info, but no images were selected.  So, basically, I can't import existing images into the program.  I tried from a media card and still can't get them into the program.  I loaded Media Pro and can view them but, can't get them into the C1 catalog I setup.

What am I doing wrong?  I can't get the Import From dialog box.  Is there no way to browse files from within C1?  This is such a basic part of a raw imaging program, I can't believe this is happening.  

BTW, I can look at the images using Sessions, just like version 6.  My problem is when using the Catalog concept.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:16:37 am by James R »

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Can't Import Images
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:59:11 am »

I upgraded from C1 6 to C1 7 (7.1.3).  I have some Fuji X Pro 1 raw images on my main Photography drive.  I tried to import these images into C1 and cannot get the import module to work.  I even played the introductory video and the process described is not what I'm getting.  I select a new Catalog and names it JR, placing it on a different internal drive (BTW, I tried it on the same drive with same results) and selected the import image arrow.  I was not directed to an option to select where to download the files, instead the truncated dialogue box where you name a the images, add metadata, and file info pops up.  I filled out the info, but no images were selected.  So, basically, I can't import existing images into the program.  I tried from a media card and still can't get them into the program.  I loaded Media Pro and can view them but, can't get them into the C1 catalog I setup.

What am I doing wrong?  I can't get the Import From dialog box.  Is there no way to browse files from within C1?  This is such a basic part of a raw imaging program, I can't believe this is happening.  

BTW, I can look at the images using Sessions, just like version 6.  My problem is when using the Catalog concept.

Hi James,

Choose the location of your images to import in the 'Import From' area.  Its the very first thing you will see in the top left of the IMport window.

If you images are stored in folders and sub folders, check the 'Include Sub Folders' box too.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

James R

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 03:43:22 am »

Hi James,

Choose the location of your images to import in the 'Import From' area.  Its the very first thing you will see in the top left of the IMport window.

If you images are stored in folders and sub folders, check the 'Include Sub Folders' box too.

David

And there is the problem, I don't see the "Import From" area.  The only top left option I have is "Naming."

• Capture One
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:39:50 am »

And there is the problem, I don't see the "Import From" area.  The only top left option I have is "Naming."

Can you put a screen shot up James?
David Grover

James R

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 11:08:23 am »

OK, here is a screen shot to demonstrate my issue.  I took a few shots of my dog as a demo.  I can upload them as a session, but not as a catalog.  This happens regardless of the location of the images (card, HD, camera). 

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 12:18:51 pm »

Seems strange.

Whenever I see a quirk like this my first instinct is to delete the application support and preference files located in the User/Library/ folder.

https://digitaltransitions.com/pdf/DeletingthePreferences.pdf
https://digitaltransitions.com/pdf/ApplicationSupportFolder.pdf

James R

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 12:33:10 pm »

Thanks Doug, I'll give it a try.

• Capture One
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 02:23:05 pm »

Hi James,

Thats a new one!  Seems very odd - never seen that before at all.

Try as Doug suggests and then open a support case if no luck.

Let us know.

David

David Grover

James R

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 02:40:52 pm »

Tried deleting the preference files mentioned and still no help.  Probably need a clean install again.  I've had a support ticket in since Thursday, so hopefully they have an answer, though I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for your efforts so far.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 04:58:18 pm »

Check your spam filter for a reply to the support case, or log in to the website and check manually.

Support case response time at P1 is measured in hours not days - if you submitted it on Thursday you HAVE received a reply. If you didn't get a notification there could any number of email-based reasons for that (spam filter, issues with your email server or provider etc), which is one reason why P1 hosts their own support case management system so you can always log on and see the case updates.

James R

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 07:37:45 pm »

Check your spam filter for a reply to the support case, or log in to the website and check manually.

Support case response time at P1 is measured in hours not days - if you submitted it on Thursday you HAVE received a reply. If you didn't get a notification there could any number of email-based reasons for that (spam filter, issues with your email server or provider etc), which is one reason why P1 hosts their own support case management system so you can always log on and see the case updates.

You are right, they requested more info a few days ago.  I'll ck back everyday from now on.

Thanks again

AllMuddy

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 09:11:08 pm »

Hi,
I'm having the same problem, what was the solution?
Thanks!!

James R

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 09:52:13 pm »

Hi,
I'm having the same problem, what was the solution?
Thanks!!

I've been in contact everyday with PhaseOne Tech people.  I've explained the problem, sent screenshots, uploaded a QuickTime video on my workflow, and today I save the current workspace and uploaded that file for them.  They think it's a workspace issue, since there is no way for a user to alter the import/export tools.  So, hopefully they will have a solution tomorrow.

James R

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 05:58:37 pm »

I had to do a clean install of C1.  The program still has the same problem--can't import images into a Catalog.  So, I have responded to them again and I'll see what tomorrow brings.

AllMuddy

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 07:04:33 pm »

Ok thanks.  I switched to another computer with C1 7.12 and everything loaded back up fine.  But I lost an 2 hours worth of editing.

James R

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 01:01:24 pm »

I finally have C1 7.1.3 working.  I had to delete a couple more files, actually I dumped everything in the Library that dealt with C1, and reinstall the program.  Well it all works fine. 

"All Muddy"

I can send you the instructions I received from C1 Support, if you want to give the upgrade another shot.

Otherwise, it is good to put this thread to bed.

eleanorbrown

• Eleanor Brown Photography
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 06:16:01 pm »

I just got my new Sony RX1R camera and Capture One will not recognize the RAW files from this new camera.  I have the latest version of C1.  Anyone know why I can't import my RX1R files?  Thanks, Eleanor
Eleanor Brown
[url=http://www.eleanorbro
Pages: [1]   Go Up