Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Richard Snowden a heroe or a criminal?  (Read 193179 times)

Rob C

Re: Is Richard Snowden a heroe or a criminal?
« Reply #600 on: September 09, 2013, 09:47:24 am »

Yeppers this is quite a bit closer to what my sentiments are, and if you get this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aRuN0DY41s
try a youtube stream featuring Ray Wylie Hubbard,
you know the guy who wrote
"(Up Against the wall) Redneck Mothers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWImBgdnKEk

Really like Mr Ray; also like this because whatever else goes down, your American Dream still allows the possibility of finding one of these for yourself (maybe even with a Continental extension?) in an old barn somewhere... a little hard work and hey! Like new! Never happen in Mallorca; they are all in collections.

;-(

http://youtu.be/_GlB7jKi2Ww

Rob C
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:50:06 am by Rob C »

Rocco Penny

« Reply #601 on: September 09, 2013, 05:48:36 pm »

ah yeah, so this guy,...
i don't have the time or facilities, but valuable cars are funny,
worthless in the right circles, but if you have a Jack Carrigg I have a 64 1/2 3 speed six mustang, driprails rusted through, all original interior and emblems,
for the right Jack Carrigg
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:58:37 pm by Rocco Penny »

Rocco Penny

« Reply #602 on: September 09, 2013, 09:03:41 pm »

...the possibility of finding one of these for yourself (maybe even with a Continental extension?) ...(http://youtu.be/_GlB7jKi2WwRob C
BTW
the band that wrote and performed that white cadillac song yeah that was the beginning of "americana" for me,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpDK-YRpObU
along with the beat farmers these guys made my saturday nites in the mid 80's- along with 'nita and her entourage who'd forget the california kid? RIP Country Dick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGO5okcUDBM

dreed

Re: Is Richard Snowden a hero?
« Reply #603 on: September 10, 2013, 08:22:47 pm »

The Director of National Intelligence (DNI) just today released hundreds of pages of documents related to the government's secret interpretation of Patriot Act Section 215 and the NSA's (mis)use of its massive database of every American's phone records. The documents were released as a result of EFF's ongoing Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

Government Releases NSA Surveillance Docs and Previously Secret FISA Court Opinions In Response to EFF Lawsuit

dreed

« Reply #604 on: September 10, 2013, 08:27:54 pm »

“The truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped,” Edward Snowden told readers of the Guardian in June. At the time, just a few weeks into the publication of documents that the 30-year-old former National Security Agency contractor had siphoned from his workstation in Hawaii, that prophetic statement might have seemed like grandstanding. But close to three months later, the collection of Snowden’s revelations has grown to the megaleak proportions of WikiLeaks’ Cablegate or Daniel Ellsberg’s Pentagon Papers, with no end in sight. For those who watch the watchers, Snowden may well have become the most important leaker of the 21st century.

Ten Things We've Learned About The NSA From A Summer Of Snowden Leaks

- Forbes

Rob C

« Reply #605 on: September 11, 2013, 10:01:59 am »

BTW
the band that wrote and performed that white cadillac song yeah that was the beginning of "americana" for me,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpDK-YRpObU
along with the beat farmers these guys made my saturday nites in the mid 80's- along with 'nita and her entourage who'd forget the california kid? RIP Country Dick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGO5okcUDBM

There's a number running on klrzfm.com called Black Cadillac (Come ride in my) which I love; always turn the volume up and take the ears off when it's played. It isn't the same number that is available on YouTube, and klrzfm runs long sequences without telling you who's on...

They are a friendly station; maybe I'll E-mail them and ask. Love swamp pop rock.

How would I live without Internet music?

Rob C
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:15:26 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #606 on: September 11, 2013, 10:04:37 am »

“The truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped,” Edward Snowden told readers of the Guardian in June. At the time, just a few weeks into the publication of documents that the 30-year-old former National Security Agency contractor had siphoned from his workstation in Hawaii, that prophetic statement might have seemed like grandstanding. But close to three months later, the collection of Snowden’s revelations has grown to the megaleak proportions of WikiLeaks’ Cablegate or Daniel Ellsberg’s Pentagon Papers, with no end in sight. For those who watch the watchers, Snowden may well have become the most important leaker of the 21st century.

Ten Things We've Learned About The NSA From A Summer Of Snowden Leaks

- Forbes

If only he'd gone for a piss instead.

;-)

Rob C

Vladimirovich

« Reply #607 on: September 11, 2013, 04:48:20 pm »

btw, about cadres

just run into resume - I will quote some pieces :

"Central Intelligence Agency, Washington DC       August 2006 - June 2009
Telecommunications Information Systems Officer
·       Obtained and maintained a Top Secret /SCI clearance"

... skipped...

"Indiana County Technology Center, Indiana PA   April 2006 - June 2006
Network Intern"

... skipped...

"Associate in Science Degree, Information Technology, Concentration in Network Administration Pittsburgh Technical Institute, Oakdale PA Graduated July 2006 "

they are hiring kids from school literally (I did not quote waitering, etc odds, I doubt he was 21 in 2006 even) and expect them to behave like...

Rob C

« Reply #608 on: September 11, 2013, 05:54:55 pm »

btw, about cadres

just run into resume - I will quote some pieces :

"Central Intelligence Agency, Washington DC       August 2006 - June 2009
Telecommunications Information Systems Officer
·       Obtained and maintained a Top Secret /SCI clearance"

... skipped...

"Indiana County Technology Center, Indiana PA   April 2006 - June 2006
Network Intern"

... skipped...

"Associate in Science Degree, Information Technology, Concentration in Network Administration Pittsburgh Technical Institute, Oakdale PA Graduated July 2006 "

they are hiring kids from school literally (I did not quote waitering, etc odds, I doubt he was 21 in 2006 even) and expect them to behave like...

Maybe it's the pay they offer...

You know, monkeys and peanuts?

Rob C

Vladimirovich

« Reply #609 on: September 11, 2013, 06:44:45 pm »

Maybe it's the pay they offer...

You know, monkeys and peanuts?

Rob C

true, however the question is - where all of our money go then if they can't afford a grown up techie.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #610 on: September 11, 2013, 08:25:51 pm »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #611 on: September 12, 2013, 09:10:34 am »

Top 1% take biggest income slice on record

That's ok though because they create all the jobs and all the wealth, so they should be allowed to keep all the money. It's almost a divine right.
--
Robert

Rocco Penny

« Reply #612 on: September 12, 2013, 09:40:36 am »

strange,
so this debate would've happened anyway according to the administration that welcomes the debate after the revelations, chicken or egg...
What seems to be fueling the backlash to the everyday scumbaggery American Govt. is involved in are American IT and web companies complaining they won't be able to compete...
Imagine we have the awesomest weapons in the world, but can't compete in IT and internet because the nsa and cia have built a surveillance state based in IT and internet,
you guys asked for it,
I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some crises in the next month or two,
What ever happened to Glenn Greenwald's congressional appearance?
They got you.
You guys better get used to it.
There will be no change, but there will be thousands, even millions of young Americans that find this entire episode repugnant-
These will be the change
if it takes a hundred years...

Rob C

« Reply #613 on: September 12, 2013, 10:52:48 am »

That's ok though because they create all the jobs and all the wealth, so they should be allowed to keep all the money. It's almost a divine right.

But on the whole, don't they pay the bigger tax?

The question is, if they didn't find it worthwhile (a relative term) to keep their investments where they do, where would those jobs go? Or would that require more nationalisation, trade restrictions, and the inevitable fall of production and services control into union hands? Then we'd really find out what power in few hands really means. (Some benefit might be served if the rest of the world studied the British years under Wilson and Callaghan.) Or would somebody propose we simply cancel high wealth (again, a very relative and highly subjective call) by passing some Robin Hood legislation and steal it for ourselves through that? It's so easy to spend other's money...

Governments chasing tax revenue have already made a lot of industries such as 'offshore' lose attractiveness; what will the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, Monaco, Andorra, The Bahamas, Bermuda, the Caymans, some of the Virgins etc. do next to stay alive? All of these things, though of little use to most people, still served many purposes and supported their own tiny economies from offshore banking, the running of companies and all manner of services. In the end, it all created work. We are obviously all going to benefit from stopping it. (It's the old tale about the little fox who had his tail cut off: he wanted all the other little foxes to do the same.)

I blame Switzerland for caving in to Uncle Sam. It opened the artery that let all the blood flow into the gutters of the world.

And it was not all bad, evil and sinful, despite what those with no actual experience might tell you.

Rob C

dreed

Re: Richard Snowden a hero
« Reply #614 on: September 15, 2013, 05:51:42 pm »

Call it the Edward Snowden effect: Citing the former NSA contractor, a federal judge has ordered the government to declassify more reports from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

The FISA court will release more opinions because of Snowden

This is a victory for all Americans as a previously secret and hidden part of the government becomes more open and transparent.

dreed

« Reply #615 on: September 15, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »

WASHINGTON -- James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, said Thursday that Edward Snowden's disclosures of secret surveillance programs at home and abroad have generated a useful public debate on the trade-offs between privacy and national security.

"I think it's clear that some of the conversations this has generated, some of the debate, actually needed to happen," Clapper told a defense and intelligence contractor trade group. "If there's a good side to this, maybe that's it."

Clapper: Snowden case brings healthy debate; more disclosures to come

I wonder if Clapper has recently been to confession and is seeking to atone or cleanse his soul?

Rocco Penny

« Reply #616 on: September 15, 2013, 08:59:43 pm »

I wonder if Clapper has recently been to confession and is seeking to atone or cleanse his soul?

This exact behavior was exhibited around my town by local district officials that had been caught red handed setting up a special interest driven agenda that cost more $ in the long run etc...
They were removed from office through a special recall election.
Too bad we can't just dispense with the formalities, call anyone in office a criminal, and strip them all of their rights and privileges as US citizens, confiscate their property, and exile them all to New Jersey.

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #617 on: September 16, 2013, 03:36:28 am »

This is a victory for all Americans as a previously secret and hidden part of the government becomes more open and transparent.

Yes, it's a cracker. I imagine the Russians, Chinese and Al Qaeda are pretty downcast at being forced to learn about US attempts to find out what they're up to.

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #618 on: September 16, 2013, 05:29:18 am »

Yes, it's a cracker. I imagine the Russians, Chinese and Al Qaeda are pretty downcast at being forced to learn about US attempts to find out what they're up to.

Jeremy

Nah, they are obviously all as naïve, altruistic and generally kindy disposed to the world at large as are we!

;-)

Rob C

dreed

« Reply #619 on: September 16, 2013, 02:00:40 pm »

Everyone expects that.

What people don't expect is to find out in 2013 that in 2011, the NSA (US Government) obtained approval to start snooping on its own citizens.

It's not the spying on adversarial or "enemy" governments that is the issue here, it is the dragnet spying on people that picks up everything and anything without discrimination - especially as it has become obvious that this dragnet has included people (Americans) that it is not allowed to.

It is rather sad to see people making excuses for the US government to do all of this.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Up