Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: paper doesn't advance on my 7900 when printing  (Read 1854 times)

randal21

paper doesn't advance on my 7900 when printing
« on: July 02, 2013, 12:47:33 am »

My trusty 7900...or should I say touchy Epson 7900 took the sheet paper initially and i thought it was printing as the head was moving but after several attempts on different files...I found out the paper hasn't advanced as the head moves across the paper. Even happens on a nozzle check. No visible ink on my paper. I turned the machine off for 5 minutes but no change. Anyone experience this and fix it or someone know what's gong on? A few jobs are due...  thanks.

randal21

Re: paper doesn't advance on my 7900 when printing
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 03:15:21 am »

I have done several cleanings and still no ink out of the head or any ink showing up on a nozzle check. An automatic head cleaning failed. Help!   

John Caldwell

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:18:19 am »

I don't know what's going on. You mention working with sheet media. To rule out that as a factor, meaning that the paper handling transport is having trouble grabbing the sheet paper, I'd suggest an attempt with roll paper - any "normal" roll width.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

John Caldwell

randal21

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 12:02:03 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion but tried it late last nite. No difference.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 11:30:21 pm »

this sounds like a recalibration cycle, which can be triggered by a few things (but not sure what they are ).  Symptom is the print head moves back and forth the entire width of the printer, but nothing prints.  If you power the machine down during this process it will have to start from the beginning.  It's unfortunate the display doesn't really clue you in on what is going on, but to resolve it you must let it finish (which can actually take some time).

I learned this the hard way, and the answer for me was found here on the forum, here is my thread on the problem. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=64223.0

randal21

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 06:18:02 pm »

Excellent. May be the answer /solution I need. Epson only told me after I mentioned it. Don't like to waste ink!

randal21

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 12:23:41 pm »

Thanks Wayne...you made my day!  It was the problem. I had cancelled the job each time I saw this happening and didn't let it do it's recalibration routine. Sad the Epson people only recommend piower cleaning when asked how to solve the problem.! Ooops...they sell more ink that way....duh.

darlingm

• Westland Printworks
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 11:48:45 pm »

Thanks Wayne...you made my day!  It was the problem. I had cancelled the job each time I saw this happening and didn't let it do it's recalibration routine. Sad the Epson people only recommend piower cleaning when asked how to solve the problem.! Ooops...they sell more ink that way....duh.

I absolutely wigged out when I went through this the first time on my 9900.  Was just a little bit past the warranty...
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761
Pages: [1]   Go Up