Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 6 requests :)  (Read 3781 times)

rogan

LR 6 requests :)
« on: July 01, 2013, 07:53:21 pm »

Too early to start?

1 Please add an eta when exporting as to when it will be done. If I am exporting 1400 jpegs from one folder, 300 from another and 82 tifs I would love to know if it is 1 hour or 6. Should be pretty easy to figure that out.
2 Ability to make tether bar smaller.
3 Ability to remove modules like "map" or "book" without hacking.

Onslow

Re: LR 6 requests :)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 08:59:05 pm »

One thing I would like (And I never ever thought I'd be asking for this at all) is facial recognition. I've only recently started using the keywording capabilities and am amazed at how useful I have found this. I now have tens of thousands of family and friends images to view and ID people.
Cheers

Onslow

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:27:14 am »

You might as well add it to the LR5 wish list as almost nothing made it to 5 in the end :(
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=73458.0

Photo Op

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 08:05:15 am »

You might as well add it to the LR5 wish list as almost nothing made it to 5 in the end :(

We get it....you got a thing for Adobe... As Schewe said in another thread.....Let it go!
David

wtlloyd

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:16:03 am »

3 Ability to remove modules like "map" or "book" without hacking.

Well, you can hide modules you don't want....right click on the module list and uncheck any you don't use.....

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 02:35:39 pm »

We get it....you got a thing for Adobe... As Schewe said in another thread.....Let it go!
No, just go and read the thread I referenced. How much made it into LR5 ? answer: very little.
Do we really need another thread asking for the same things ?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 04:06:05 pm »

Too early to start?

Fix the bugs in v5? The really bad ones, at least?

Jeremy

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 05:44:50 pm »

Please add an eta when exporting as to when it will be done. If I am exporting 1400 jpegs from one folder, 300 from another and 82 tifs I would love to know if it is 1 hour or 6. Should be pretty easy to figure that out.

Not sure this is easy. To determine how long it will take to export a jpeg, the software will have to analyze the image data. Thus, go thru the file once to provide a time estimate, and go thru again to do the export. The first step would likely take almost as long as the second!

eliedinur

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 05:03:37 am »

1 Please add an eta when exporting as to when it will be done. If I am exporting 1400 jpegs from one folder, 300 from another and 82 tifs I would love to know if it is 1 hour or 6. Should be pretty easy to figure that out.
Should be pretty easy for you to figure that out also. Since the progress bar displays file names as they are being processed, a clock or watch will let you know how long one takes and simple multiplication will supply your answer. Even if you belong to the generation that sneaked a pocket calculator into third grade rather than learning to multiply, I'm sure your computer has a calculator applet.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

PeterAit

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 07:35:23 pm »

I'd like to see more sophisticated smart collection logic. For example, (A or B) and C.

Also, an intelligent web module that does not feel required to regenerate and re-upload the entire kit and kaboodle when you have made some minor change to one tiny aspect of it.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 04:53:03 am »

I'd like to see more sophisticated smart collection logic. For example, (A or B) and C.
Are you aware that when you add a new criterion, you can Alt/Option click the + button? This allows you to build nested queries.

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 08:32:52 am »

Are you aware that when you add a new criterion, you can Alt/Option click the + button? This allows you to build nested queries.
Thanks John! I didn't know that.
These "Feature request" threads are at least useful for realizing that some of the featured requested are already implemented.  :)
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 08:47:25 am »

Yes, I think that's half the point of these threads.

Here I'd add that this Alt/Option click is such a poor way to implement a powerful feature. If someone didn't tell you, would you ever discover it?

PeterAit

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 08:54:52 am »

I did not know that! Thanks very much.

Robert55

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 02:57:25 pm »

Should be pretty easy for you to figure that out also. Since the progress bar displays file names as they are being processed, a clock or watch will let you know how long one takes and simple multiplication will supply your answer. Even if you belong to the generation that sneaked a pocket calculator into third grade rather than learning to multiply, I'm sure your computer has a calculator applet.
Sounds like something that could be easily automated inside the programme then. I still learned using the slide rule and I'm all for easy automation.

Another thing I'd like to see: when making the back-up on exit, LR's window should minimize, no need to see it full screen then
Pages: [1]   Go Up