Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H/blad H viewfinder issues  (Read 790 times)

MrSmith

H/blad H viewfinder issues
« on: June 29, 2013, 05:01:44 am »

why is the viewfinder and masks for different sensor sizes so poor?
the edge of the frame is nowhere near the edge of the sensor and the central metering/AF marking is not central either. its a frustrating piece of kit to use when lining up shots and a bit shoddy for a camera of that price
is the phase mamiya camera any better? or is that a bodge job with a printed acetate slid on top of the focussing screen?
why cant they get the central screen markings to line up with the centre of the sensor?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: H/blad H viewfinder issues
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 09:34:07 am »

Phase/Mamiya units historically shipped with acetate masks, but for the last few years most kinds of kits were delivered with etched glass.

But the question is becoming kinda moot as only 2 of the 8 "current" phase one models are less than full frame (p40+ and IQ140). The rest are full frame, 100% viewfinder coverage, and do not require a mask (65+, IQ160, IQ180, IQ260, IQ280, and IQ260 achromatic).

MrSmith

Re: H/blad H viewfinder issues
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 10:21:44 am »

It was an iq140 I was using without mask which I would not have a problem with if the circle and AF marks were central to the sensor. I had the same issue when I used a 528c years ago, though all this would be sorted by now.

Do the mamiya/phase cameras screen markings (not looked through any but presume there will be a grid or meter markings) line up with the center of the sensor?
Pages: [1]   Go Up