Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens Profile oddity in LR4  (Read 1176 times)

jwlimages

Lens Profile oddity in LR4
« on: June 28, 2013, 09:16:09 pm »

So, I am trying out this Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD lens on my Canons. So far, looks promising.

But, when I import .CR2s, Lightroom apparently identifies the lens as a *Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM! At least, that's the lens profile assigned to raws shot with my 5D MkII. (I had set up a default for the Mk II to include various settings, including using Lens Profile Corrections)

I hadn't heard of Lightroom "misidentifying" a lens before - has anyone else seen this? Is there some way I haven't found to "educate" Lightroom that this is a Tamron, not a Sigma lens?

Puzzled...

John

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
Re: Lens Profile oddity in LR4
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 01:53:36 am »

Hello,

are you sure that you haven't created accidentally a default for this camera which includes the Sigma profile ? If you did so, you can simply reset it by open an I modified file in Lightroom, do all changes you want to be the default for this camera, press the alt / option keys d then set as default ( button at the bottom of the right handed pallets).
Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

jwstl

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 02:38:41 am »

If you Google it you'll see there are others with the same experience. Here's one example with advice:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4757279

jwlimages

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 12:41:34 pm »

are you sure that you haven't created accidentally a default for this camera which includes the Sigma profile ?

Thanks for the thought, but no, am sure this is not the issue. I don't have any Sigma lenses, and as mentioned, my custom default for the 5D Mk II includes "Lens Profile Corrections", which ID's all my Canon lenses correctly.

jwlimages

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 12:43:11 pm »

If you Google it...
Ah, thanks for this! Will try Victoria's suggestion.

Regards,

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up