Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellow Yarrow  (Read 1369 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Yellow Yarrow
« on: June 28, 2013, 05:48:47 pm »

Experimenting a little with Blend-If layers and a distracting background.

Harald L

Re: Yellow Yarrow
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 10:12:39 am »

Interesting picture, especially the different layers, and nicely warped. I wonder if the buttery bokeh was made by the lens or by PP. Anyway, I like it.

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 01:37:00 pm »

Hi David

My eyes keep trying to focus on the three or four larger flowers that, to me, should have been in focus. My brain cannot get past that!

I see nothing of interest in that which is in focus...I hope that makes some sort of sense.

William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 01:51:04 pm »

Afraid I agree, David. Interesting try, but time for another try.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 03:38:48 pm »

Interesting picture, especially the different layers, and nicely warped. I wonder if the buttery bokeh was made by the lens or by PP. Anyway, I like it.
PP only in the darker upper left background for which I Gaussian blurred a duplicate layer then gradually painted in over the distracting area. The Yarrow blossoms themselves are blurred due to lens bokeh.
My eyes keep trying to focus on the three or four larger flowers that, to me, should have been in focus. My brain cannot get past that! I see nothing of interest in that which is in focus...I hope that makes some sort of sense.
William, understand your comment. It does weird things to my eye as well. Shot a number of these through this amazing field of Yarrow at a local botanical garden. This was the best composition to my eye; I must have shot 20 or more images and all would have those nearer out of focus blossoms to varying degrees. I felt like I was under water as I was shooting. I will have to re-visit this concept with other fields of blossoms. Incidentally, Yarrow is not particularly interesting to me from the top, so I was trying to get a different perspective.

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 02:32:51 pm »

Hi David
My eyes keep trying to focus on the three or four larger flowers that, to me, should have been in focus. My brain cannot get past that!
William

My thoughts exactly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up