Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using the GXR + A16 24-85mm unit?  (Read 1812 times)

MoreOrLess

Anyone using the GXR + A16 24-85mm unit?
« on: June 27, 2013, 02:52:14 pm »

I'm currently using the D800 for the majority of my landscape shooting but I'v been weighing up potentially picking up a mirrorless system to offer a smaller alternative, partly for non landscape shooting(family, on the street etc) but also to be able to keep on me(especially in the car) more often should I find myself in interesting conditions.

The problem I'v had really is that I don't want to give up too much quality but also don't want to spend a great deal, partly because money is reasonably tight but also to limit the value of the equipment to maximise how often i'll have in on me, £400 would really be my upper limate for the whole system with a 24mm equivalent being my preffered minimum widest focal length.

I'v noticed recently the GXR + the A16 ASPC zoom unit has gone under £400 but I'm having a bit of trouble getting much indepth info on it. Is the sensor the same one in the new GR minus AA filter? is the lens any good?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:57:50 pm by MoreOrLess »

Gregs

Re: Anyone using the GXR + A16 24-85mm unit?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 03:28:40 pm »

Sean Reid, on his site "Reid Reviews" has a number of highly detailed comparative reviews of the ricoh units. Site is paid, but excellent, and has often been cited in LULA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up