Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 4.1 Screen Shift  (Read 2855 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Lightroom 4.1 Screen Shift
« on: June 26, 2013, 08:00:22 pm »

Frequently, Lr shifts on my screen and re-positions the window so that I can see neither the file menu pull down on the left or the expand/minimize/close boxes in the upper right. The only way I can regain the controls is to close the application, by right clicking on the Windows bar icon, and then reopening.

This only takes a second and it comes back to where it was, but why does it do this and how can you re-position it on the screen?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Re: Lightroom 4.1 Screen Shift
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 10:08:14 pm »

Stop hitting the F key

Steve House

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 12:08:51 pm »

Or hit [F] repeatedly to toggle between the three options.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 11:40:22 pm »

It'll be Shift-F if you get to LR 5 as the function of the F key has changed.  ;D

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 10:29:19 am »

I tried to repeat this issue last night and see if the F key would solve it. For reasons I can't explain, I could not get Lr move off the screen the way it was earlier.

The issue I've been having is not that I'm turning the controls on and off, as you can do with the F key, but rather the whole screen image moves down and left about 1/2" hiding the files tab completely.

If it does this again, I'll try the F key to turn on the full screen / minimize / close boxes and see if clicking the full screen box puts it back into proper position.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 08:23:01 pm »

This finally happened again. I tried hitting the 'F' key and it did nothing. I went to windows and selected normal, which put the view back into a normal mode, at which point the 'F' key started working, properly. Weird.

Steve House

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 08:55:05 am »

This finally happened again. I tried hitting the 'F' key and it did nothing. I went to windows and selected normal, which put the view back into a normal mode, at which point the 'F' key started working, properly. Weird.
  Sounds like you have the "window-ized" application window sized so it's just a tad under the same size as full screen and positioned slightly off-centre.  If you accidently then toggle into "windowed" mode you get the phenomenon you describe.  Make sure you've gone to full-screen by clicking the center icon in the upper-right corner rather than by clicking and dragging the borders to resize the window.

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 11:32:38 am »

I may be doing something accidentally, but it seem that this happens when I go in and out of the print module. What gets really frustrating is that sometimes the window positions itself so that none of the tool bars are on the screen and the F key won't respond. The only option is close Lr and reopen it, which fortunately is quick and no data is lost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up