Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed; corrupt files on CF Card  (Read 1515 times)

billy

Help needed; corrupt files on CF Card
« on: June 26, 2013, 01:34:30 am »

hello, i need some assistance. I shot raw cr2 files with canon 5d mk3 and 1/2 the files on the CF card are corrupt. I can see the photos fine on the back of the camera LCD but they will not download onto my Mac computer ( latest OSX ), it says error code ( cannot be read ) when I try. I then tried to recover the files in software ' PhotoRecovery 11 ' but it was unable to rescue the files. The files are on a Sandisk 8gb udma 60mb CF card. Can anyone point me to a solution to recover the files? A better software? Is there a lab or company that is likely expensive but expert that I can send it to ( USA ) ? Thanks so much.

David S

Re: Help needed; corrupt files on CF Card
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 11:28:17 am »

If they show up on the camera screen, you might try loading the card directly from the camera.

Have you changed anything that might cause an issue with your card reader? system upgrade, new drivers for another piece of equipment.

Also have you tried changing ports for the card?

Also I have found that re-starting with the reader connected to a different slot can help.

Dave S

billy

Re: Help needed; corrupt files on CF Card
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 07:53:09 pm »

hey thanks dave ..... i simply used a different CF card reader and it worked, easy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up