From the press release:
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) today announces the release of two new firmware updates for the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 and X-E1 compact system cameras, one on 25thJune and a further one on 23rd July.
25th June firmware update:
FUJIFILM X-Pro1 Ver.2.05, FUJIFILM X-E1 Ver.1.06
1. Additional functionality to improve “one-handed” camera operation
A ‘Focus Frame Selection’ option has been added to the ‘Fn’ (function) button.
This offers easier/quicker operation when setting the Focus Frame Selection using only your right hand.
A second ‘Fn’ button can be allocated.
This enables you to allocate a function to the selector “down” button. The default setting is ‘Focus Frame Selection’ but this can be changed to whatever suits your shooting style.
2. Enable aperture control for lenses without aperture rings (XF27mmF2.8 / XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS)
If you are using either of these lenses which do not feature aperture ring, this firmware update allows you to adjust the aperture setting by using the command dial.
23rd July firmware update:
FUJIFILM X-Pro1 Ver.3.00, FUJIFILM X-E1 Ver.2.00
1. Improvement of AF speed. Improves AF speed on all existing XF lenses, thanks to the updated algorithm throughout the full range of focal length. Lenses covered:
XF14mm F2.8 R
XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS
The AF Speed on the XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R MS OIS lens has been already optimised.
For all lenses other than the XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R MS OIS, the firmware for each lens must be also updated.
2. ‘Focus Peak Highlight’ function for manual focusing
A ‘Focus Peak Highlight’ function, which features on the X100S and X20 cameras, can be added via this firmware update. It assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.
3. Improvement in ‘Checking Focus’ operation: how to change magnification ratio in manual focusing
The process to check focus by selecting manual focus magnification has improved. Just press and rotate the dial right or left and the camera will alternate magnification between 3x and then 10x , whichever way you continue to turn it.
To download the new firmware files & instructions on upgrading your cameras:
Please visit Fujifilm’s global website: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/