Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eliminating files from LR export  (Read 1289 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Eliminating files from LR export
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:16:13 am »

I prepared a large number of files for export and uploading to a print web site. While preparing the images, there were fifty or more I wanted to remove from the process, but not necessarily delete from Lr. I set these as 'Mark for Deletion'.

After doing the export and upload, I realized that the 'Mark for Deletion' files were included the both the export and upload.

It will be difficult to remove the fifty files from the print site, so I am going to do the export and upload again. I checked a video on exporting and there is no setting to eliminate the marked for deletion items. I assume I can delete these files from Lr (as opposed to deleting them from disk). Is there a more efficient way to remove the marked files so that they do not get included in the exported files?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Eliminating files from LR export
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:20:39 am »

LR's export operations use the selected file(s). There's no need to delete the ones you don't want exported, just don't select them.

John Caldwell

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 12:08:45 pm »

Simply impose the filter "Unflagged" on the group of images for export. This will ignore those files with a an "X-Delete" flag. If you also want to included "Flagged" items in your export, have your filter include both unflagged and flagged.

To avoid having to come back to this gain, in case there are changes you need to make, just create a Collection of images you want to export. You can then revisit the collection if needed, and you'll also have a clear record of what files you did export.

John Caldwell

Steve House

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 12:35:07 pm »

Creating a collection of the files to export rather than marking for deletion the files NOT to export also makes it less likely to accidentally delete files that you actually want to keep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up