Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Photoshop CC Pirated in One Day?!  (Read 32002 times)

Manoli

Re: Adobe Photoshop CC Pirated in One Day?!
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2013, 09:41:04 am »

You've slightly misunderstood, and Jeff doesn't say it's not possible but rightly refers to "difficulties".

John,
Many thanks for the clarification.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »

So I put it to you that,

(A) It is absolutely possible to program a dual licensing manager, as evidenced by other USA software companies, and
(B) That it is possible to do so under American accounting laws, notwithstanding the issues of revenue recognition and generally accepted accounting practices … which are common to large and small(er) alike. (fao John Beardy: John, have I assumed incorrectly on this point ?)

The only difference between these companies and Adobe are that the financial group all face competition whereas Adobe has a defacto monopoly. I think it therefore safe to conclude that Adobe COULD, if they so wished, offer a similar pricing plan without any great difficulty.

Well, Photoshop 1.0 shipped in Feb, 1990...when Adobe started selling Photoshop, there was no internet, they made floppies, printed a manual and shipped physical boxes. Over the years, Adobe added additional products (Illustrator 88 actually shipped in 1987 I think). I'm pretty sure the manner of accounting has evolved over the years–particularly when Adobe introduced the Creative Suite (Photoshop 8) in 2003. But as far as I know, the manner of accounting has prolly remained pretty consistent until Adobe started doing subscription licenses where they could change their accounting of revenue recognition...which basically meant there was two different accounting methods...

I never said Adobe COULDN'T change their accounting...I said that under their current policies, perceptual licenses could not get incremental new features added but subscription licenses can and have.

I'll be the first to admit I have no idea how hard it would be to change their accounting of revenue recognition for perceptual licenses. But, I "think" it would be a difficult proposition...

Manoli

« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2013, 06:36:41 pm »

Jeff, appreciate the response.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:39:29 pm by Manoli »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up