Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want To Replace Fuji S5 With NIkon  (Read 1786 times)

rollsman44

Want To Replace Fuji S5 With NIkon
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:12:44 am »

I love my S5 but I feel its time to get something more current. I am retired Wedding Photo. and just need a camera to shoot portraits and family shots for P/T business. I have the Nikon lens and Dont want to spend a lot of  money on another body. I love the Skin tones on the Fuji S5 so I want something close to it. Which Nikon would you recommend?   Thank you. rollsman

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
Re: Want To Replace Fuji S5 With NIkon
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:46:14 am »

Are you shooting JPG or raw?

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 11:50:27 am »

Rollsman:
Nikon has improved on their in-camera jpegs considerably since the days of the Fuji S5. I don't know if you would call their current results "comparable", but they are not bad. I was a long time S2 user, and was quite impressed with the newer sensors in the Nikon line due to increased dynamic range and higher ISO capabilities.

I first bought the Nikon D5100 for it's articulated viewer, and was very favorably impressed with the IQ. (It was also surprisingly compact and light in  weight, but you may not like the menu system system for some settings) Then I got the D800E, for my fine art copy work, and landscape photography. Very fine camera with equally impressive IQ.

I recently saw they were selling D5100 kits in the $500 range. The kit 18-55 lens is actual  quite good, and has VR built in. The newer D5200 kit is selling in the $900 range.

Hope this helps.

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 01:21:16 pm »

If you don't mind a cropped-frame sensor then the 7100 surely deserves a look. But for FF, I doubt that any owner of the D800/E will say it wasn't worth the money.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:23:09 pm by JohnBrew »
Pages: [1]   Go Up