Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Ci1 supposed to Generate Previews Every time a Catalog is Opened?  (Read 2193 times)

Jimmy D Uptain

Every now and then I get the bug to use C1/Media Pro to do my cataloging. I use C1 for a majority of my processing so I would rather keep everything in C1.

Right now I'm using Lightroom for my cataloging and it works well but I honestly don't like it. I started out using Media Pro and like its layout, but I ran into problems with Media Pro and stopped using it.

I bought Lightroom mainly for the softproofing and printing module. Much cheaper than a RIP and it ended up working as my DAM.

Anyway, I am importing my images a little at a time as C1 tends to crash when importing larger amounts of images.
(not complaining, just giving as much info in case it may be a clue as to the relevant problem)

After importation and the rendering of the images, I'll close C1. Upon reopening, it will then regenerate all the previews.
Generating over 8K worth of previews takes a little while and uses resources. I was under the assumption that once previews are generated, they stored in the catalog file.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

BTW, I store all my images on an external Thunderbolt drive. The catalog resides on my internal drive (Mac Mini)

Thanks in advance if any of y'all C1 Gurus can help me out.

Jimmy D Uptain

Re: Is Ci1 supposed to Generate Previews Every time a Catalog is Opened?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 12:51:09 am »

I'm gonna reply to my own post:

Look idiot, if you would just wait for all of the previews to be generated instead of just "thinking" they were generated then you wouldn't have wasted the forums time with stupid questions.

Seriously, the issue is non existent as of now.

The preview generation may have not been completed  as I had thought. After letting it generate for a full day, everything seems fine. Now I gotta import 2010-2013 photos.

I'm thinking (tonight anyway) that C1 may become my default browser.

Jimmy D Uptain

Re: Is Ci1 supposed to Generate Previews Every time a Catalog is Opened?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 04:34:59 pm »

Looks like I jumped the gun that my problem was resolved.
I posted in the C1 users forum and at least one other person is having the same issue.
Looking forward to see how this plays out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up