Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 5 prints wrong image!  (Read 4396 times)

marcgoldring

LR 5 prints wrong image!
« on: June 17, 2013, 07:33:28 pm »

OK, I know I must be doing something weird. I have 2 very similar looking images that have adjacent file numbers. I set up a print job with the one I wanted as one of several shots on a sheet. The adjacent image printed. Well, I figured I goofed so I tried again. And again... And...

I've power cycled the printer, closed out of LR, turned of the computer and let it sit for an hour or so, said all the usual incantations. Set it to print again and the same damn wrong image prints!

I am willing to bet there's something weird about what I'm doing but before I decide that I like the shot that prints better anyway, I thought I'd check to see whether anyone has experienced this with LR 5. Any suggestions for next step troubleshooting also welcome!

Thanks,

Marco
Marc Goldring
visit my site Marcoclicks

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: LR 5 prints wrong image!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:01:25 pm »

Maybe some screen grabs of your setup and dialog boxes? 

marcgoldring

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:10:11 pm »

Not sure what to grab. Printing goes as normal, just the wrong image comes out.

Marco
Marc Goldring

Rand47

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 09:47:02 pm »

Not sure what to grab. Printing goes as normal, just the wrong image comes out.

Marco

I wonder if this is kissing cousin of the grid vs ribbon bug in Library.  At the risk of insulting your intelligence, do you have the image ribbon showing while in the Print module so that you "know" the selected image is the only one selected & that it isn't the one that prints?   Do you have print preview turned on?  Is the preview correct & the print wrong?

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

marcgoldring

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 07:11:08 am »

Please don't worry about insulting my intelligence - this one has me stumped and I suspect it's something weird but obvious.

So, yes, I have the image ribbon showing and yes I can see the correct image highlighted. But at the risk of sounding even more dumb, I can't find the image that is being printed! I've looked everywhere, even in the trash. It appears to be a reversed, mirror-image of the one that I want to print. (Originally I thought it was adjacent but that was the copy before I soft proofed it.) Is there some way to "invert" an image? Should I check in for a psych exam?

Thanks

Marc
Marc Goldring

Rand47

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 08:04:47 am »

How about the print preview?  Does the image appear reversed?
And is it only this one file that has a problem?  Are you able to print normally/correctly w/ other files?

Rand
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:06:54 am by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

marcgoldring

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 08:10:45 am »

How about the print preview?  Does the image appear reversed?
And is it only this one file that has a problem?  Are you able to print normally/correctly w/ other files?

Rand

Yes, it appears properly in print preview and other images printed fine, although I want to test that a bit more. If it's just that one image, I can convince myself I like the one that prints better...

Thanks for sticking with this!

Marc
Marc Goldring

Rand47

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 08:13:12 am »

PM me.  I think I may know what's going on. 

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Rand47

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 08:29:00 am »

Marc,

What OS and what printer?

In looking about on the driver settings for my Epson R3000, for example, it may be possible that you've asked the driver to "mirror" the image.  There is a similar setting in the driver for my Epson 4880.
Here's what it looks like in my driver settings:

Check this out on your own system.  I'm not familiar with printers other than Epson, or OS other than PC (W7), but this at least is a possibility to check out on your system.

Rand
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:04:46 am by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

marcgoldring

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 10:33:14 am »

YES! You nailed it. In the Mac world, it's called "flip horizontally" and it seems to be checked by default in my set up. Easy enough to fix. Thanks so much for you help!

Marco
Marc Goldring

Les Sparks

• http://www.ncsparks.com
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 10:49:00 am »

This thread is the main reason I find this site so useful. Users helping users on strange or common problems.
Thanks to both of you.
Les

marcgoldring

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 11:10:06 am »

Agreed! I've been using Lightroom since V1, in fact since Raw Shooter days, and I can't remember the number of times I've used this forum to solve some arcane issue I was having. My only regret is not knowing more about it so I can contribute and assist others to pay back!

Cheers,

Marco
Marc Goldring

Rand47

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 11:25:42 am »

YES! You nailed it. In the Mac world, it's called "flip horizontally" and it seems to be checked by default in my set up. Easy enough to fix. Thanks so much for you help!

Marco

Marco,

Great news!  You're welcome - glad I could be of help.  
(Ignore my PM asking if it worked.)

Les, thanks for the kind word.  I've been the recipient much more often than the "help."   ;D

Rand
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:29:55 am by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

crabby

• MICHAEL CRABB
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 03:44:35 pm »

I just had this issue come up too. The problem is what if you actually do want to flip your image horizontally? You have to make a guess as to which image to pick to get the image you want to print. That can't be right.

Jim Metzger

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 03:58:25 pm »

It is easy, select image or images, top menu bar Lightroom, photo, flip horizontal. It will flip the preview. This is very useful for showing people their images, the photograph will appear as if they are looking in the mirror, much more natural than seeing your image "reversed" in a photograph.

Richowens

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 04:02:55 pm »

I believe the purpose of the "flip horizontal" is to print on the backside of transparency flm for light boxes.

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up