Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Digital Image Processing

help correcting distortion

<< < (3/4) > >>

bwana:
well, after some reading i learned that the lcp files represent the lens corrections and these are properly located at
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\Fujifilm

I guess the dcp files are camera profiles that take the sensor into account for things like color,etc.

And the source of my confusion is that the fuji lens correction only appeared for .raf files but I was working with Tiffs and jpgs.
The lens corrections available for jpgs and tifs are limited to Apple, Canon, Leica, Nikon, Sigma, Sony, Tamron.
When I look into the actual folder containing all the lcp files- there are some labeled 'RAW' and some not. I assume the ones lacking the RAW designation are those that appear in the dropdown for jpegs. However, there are such profiles for Zeiss lenses but they do not appear in the dropdown with jpgs so I really don't know when adobe decides to enable a profile-probably something in the lcp file.

So I really do not know how Francois and Chan actually got 'Auto' to work with the jpgs I posted. Unless they are using lens profiles not included with the standard installation of the application.

Still, I think the kind of mustache distortion in my picture is reminiscent of the Zeiss 21mm f2.8 It would have been fun to try and apply the geometric correction of that lens to my image, but I cant.

I tried copying a profile from the above folder to this one:
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Downloaded

but it still didnt appear in the dropdown.

Of course there is a way to edit .lcp profiles ...
Open the .lcp in an editor and find all 8 (!) lines
stCamera: CameraRawProfile = "true"
and change to
stCamera: CameraRawProfile = "False"
Save the file. ( Possibly has Administrator permission required...)Maybe this is what Francois and Chan did to enable lens corrections to jpg files using the stock x100S lens correction profile??    :)

Oldfox:
With that image and my CS6 (13.0.1 x64) I can choose X100 as Camera Model and Lens Model. There is no X100S. I am not familiar with Fuji cameras, so I dont know if it is the same thing.

francois:
Sorry to be late to answer your questions…

I didn't use any lend profile at all. Here's a couple of screenshots that show the Adaptive Wide Filter with constraints and mesh.

This time (I had to redo it), It took me just five minutes but it isn't yet good enough for a large print.

bwana:
Francois

Merci.

Stefan

francois:

--- Quote from: bwana on June 18, 2013, 09:12:05 am ---Francois

Merci.

Stefan

--- End quote ---

You're welcome, Stefan.

With the weird distortion in your photo I avoided horizontals from one side of the building to other other side (same for verticals, no top to bottom). Instead, I used shorter segments. I devised this trick when I had to correct an old log cabin, nothing was really straight…

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version