Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banding issue on print out edge for Canon Pixma Pro 1, Non-Matte Paper  (Read 3037 times)

heheapa

Hi,

I have encountered a weird printing issue since the purchase of canon pro 1. I have attached the printout for better illustration.

The color is fading at the end of the printing edge:

The zoom in at the end of the printing edge:

So far, the issue only on the non-canon made glossy paper: the issue only on the non-matte paper and on A3+ size (The prints are good on A4/Letter/5R/4R print)

Here are what I am using:

1. Ilford Prestige Gold Fibre Silk
2. Ilford Prestige Gold Mono Silk
3. Harman by Hahnemuhle Gloss Art Fibre
4. Canon Luster Paper

The printing from the Matte papers are so far out of this issue.

I have tried loading paper from the rear tray and manual tray.

I usually print with photoshop and select canon photo paper plus glossy II N for the media type since I generated my profile with canon color management tool pro and colormunki.

The issue doesn't seems to be the 35mm fine art border issue as I saw the issue even setting 45mm border.

Anyone has clue on what causing the issue? Thanks.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 11:30:38 am by heheapa »

heheapa

The issue seems to be Canon driver or firmware issue/bug.

Here's the workaround that I figure out after some trials (expensive trials with all the expensive papers and inks :'()

I've started my experiment with all printing in Canon Print Studio Pro, Media type: Canon Photo Paper Luster, Size: A3+

Print 1 (B&W):
Resize image to 18" x 12" and add canvas to make it 19" x 13"
Print borderless

then do roller cleaning, print head alignment, ticking prevent paper abrasion, ..etc

Print 2 (B&W):
Print borderless
Banding still exist  :'(

Print 2 (color):
Print borderless

Print 3 (B&W):
Print with border

Print 4 (B&W):
Add light grey text at the edge of image
Print borderless
Banding now move to the light grey text. I can now have a good picture print with border  ;D

The issue doesn't seem to be hardware related but the driver/firmware capability in handling edge printing where it encounter pure white data after the edge, eg. the border.
I am not sure if any canon pro 1 users encounter the same issue as me. It seems canon pro 1 isn't that popular and common.

I have seen this on both Mac OS Lion and Mountain Lion and I have the latest driver installed.
I would feedback this to my local canon technical service/support.

Pages: [1]   Go Up