Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR5beta, LR5 and Dev. 2012  (Read 1649 times)

dreed

LR5beta, LR5 and Dev. 2012
« on: June 15, 2013, 08:16:17 am »

Earlier I downloaded LR5 beta, created a catalogue, added some images (that I've already got in LR4)
Now I uninstall LR5 beta, install LR5 only to find that when I click on "Development Settings", it is asking me if I want to upgrade to "Development process 2012." (It is using the LR5 beta catalogue, not the LR4.4 catalogue.)

I'm not sure that I understand why that option is being offered?

PhotoEcosse

Re: LR5beta, LR5 and Dev. 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 10:07:56 am »

Presumably because the image in question was first created (or imported into LR) prior to LR4. You would have got the same message if you had tried to edit it in LR4. I don't think LR5 behaves any differently from LR4 in this respect although the icon is in a different location.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

dreed

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:23:56 pm »

Presumably because the image in question was first created (or imported into LR) prior to LR4. You would have got the same message if you had tried to edit it in LR4. I don't think LR5 behaves any differently from LR4 in this respect although the icon is in a different location.

So?

When it was added to LR5 beta, it would have been added into a new, fresh, catagloue and thus been added as DP2012.

Dan Glynhampton

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 03:53:45 am »

When it was added to LR5 beta, it would have been added into a new, fresh, catagloue and thus been added as DP2012.

Do you save the metadata to sidecar files?  If so, does the image(s) you loaded into the LR5 beta have a sidecar file?  If the sidecar file was created with PV2003 or PV2010 that might explain it, as the sidecar file gets read during import and LR flags it as an old process version (I've been tripped up by that a couple of times myself).

Dan

dreed

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 08:11:48 am »

Do you save the metadata to sidecar files?  If so, does the image(s) you loaded into the LR5 beta have a sidecar file?  If the sidecar file was created with PV2003 or PV2010 that might explain it, as the sidecar file gets read during import and LR flags it as an old process version (I've been tripped up by that a couple of times myself).

Yup, that appears to have been the cause.
Pages: [1]   Go Up